22: Awkward silence

A new day brings new hopes and positivity in life. The sun rises everyday and maybe that is nature's way of telling us to start our life again with positivity, even if the previous day was not good. But sometimes, a loved one can bring a smile on our faces even on a gloomy day.
In Darshan's life, Diksha was that person. She understood that after she left, Darshan was over burdened by his responsibilities. He wanted to be a good father and also maintain his career as an established singer. In that process he didn't even realise that he was stressing himself so much that it started affecting his health. He felt he was losing his track and then Diksha held his hand securely. She assured him that he was on the right track and she was there to support him- he wasn't alone.

After a few days, Darshan is busy with his recordings, shows and concerts whereas Diksha continues her profession as a fashion designer. They are very busy with their respective work and did not  get much time to spend with each other.

One day, Darshan comes out of his room to find Divya. He sees Diksha standing near the kitchen. He asks her, "Where is Divya? She's not in the room"

"She went to the park with Siddharth...you were in your room then. So I didn't inform you"

"No..no that's fine. I-I mean you were there at that time...so it's okay"

"um...Darshan if you don't mind, we can have..I mean I was going to have my breakfast, so if you want you can join me", Diksha hesitantly questions.

"Yes, why not...even I'm very hungry. But when did Reena kaki come and make the breakfast?"
Darshan says and sits on the chair.

"No... she didn't come today..I made the breakfast.."

After hearing that Darshan immediately stands up and said,"But I don't wanna die, Diksha. Please... I'm just 27!"

"Darshan....What are you even saying? Why..and where is this dying this coming all of a sudden?"
Diksha exclaims.

"You made the breakfast...?"

Diksha is completely puzzled, "yeah..I cooked the food..so?"

Darshan raises his voice and answered, "yes that's my point. You made the food. You didn't even know the difference between salt and sugar. You almost burnt the kitchen, the last time you tried to cook...and now you want me to eat this food. God knows what you've cooked....and....."

Diksha interrupts him, "Do you trust me Gabbu?"

"Yes..of course I do... but..."

"Then just listen to me please. Things change and I learnt how to cook... because you weren't there for these-"
Diksha stopped mid sentence and quickly said, "Yeah...I learnt how to cook....so...aa... trust me it's good. I.. mean...yes"
She keeps on stammering but finally says, "let's eat the food"
Darshan nods in response and both of them start eating the food.

Diksha look at Darshan to see his reaction after he eats the food cooked by her.
He immediately smiles and says, "It's so delicious. You...you learnt to cook so well... in these three....I mean you really cook well now"

Diksha smiles and looks on the other side. And there was an awkward silence and both of them continued to eat without speaking a word.
____________________________________

Hey guys! How are you all? I have to apologise for two reasons

I have to apologise for two reasons. First of all sorry for the short chapter. And secondly, I'm sorry if I won't be able update frequently. Currently I'm a little busy with other things and then I have my exams. So, sorry for that. I hope you all will understand. But I promise I'll update whenever I get time. Till then stay safe.
Also we have reached 3k+ reads!
Vote and comment, bye bye!!
Spread love💙