32: That's how it started

Jaise baarish kar de tar
Yaa marham dard par
Koi mujhko yun mila hai
Jaise banjare ko ghar
Naye mausam ki sehar
Yaa sard mein dopahar
Koi mujhko yun mila hai
Jaise banjaare ko ghar

Darshan was stunned after hearing Diksha's confession. His eyes were brimming with tears. 'Diksha did everything for me', he kept repeating these words in his mind. After a while Darshan looked at Diksha,"Come with me". Diksha knew where he wanted to go. But she denied "Gabbu we can't go there it's raining. You will catch cold...it's not good fo-", mean while Darshan interrupted her, "It's time to think about 'us' and not just me".

Although it was raining quite heavily, both of them went outside the bungalow. Darshan took his car and they reached a secluted place. It was dark at night, and it took some time for both of them to adjust their eyes to the darkness. It was an open ground, and Darshan and Diskha were standing at one corner under an aluminium shade. No one spoke. The place was peaceful, there was no sound of cars, no noise of the horns of vehicles- the only sound was the pitter patter of the raindrops falling on the aluminium shade. The moon light was falling on both their faces and the tiny stars were twinkling in the sky.

Darshan tooked at Diksha's face. He asked her, "Do you remember this place?"
She smiled, "How can I forget? This place has thousands of memories. After mom and dad died, I used to come to this place and cry my heart out. But this place was not this vacant then. Then, this is the same place where we met for the first time in the college freshers party. This is the same place where we used to come after college and curse the teachers for giving us so many assignments. This is the same place, where we used to come when Rajal Maa left us. This is 'our place'. After so many years this place might be just an abandoned piece of land for the world, but this place has a lot of importance in our life. This place gives me peace."

《FLASHBACK: Darshan-Diksha's first meeting》
All the freshers of the college were enjoying the programme which was organised by the college. The programme was organised in an open ground near Lonavla.
The anchor announced, "Now let's see a beautiful performance with some fire dance"

The sound of cheering and claps filled the room, but there was one girl who panicked after hearing the word "fire". She had a beautiful face, and long hair. In a world full of people who wear loads of makeup, she was someone with minimalistic makeup and natural beauty. However her eyes showed that she was not in a happy mood, precisely she looked scared, sad and worried. She was constantly shaking her legs and fidgeting with her sweaty cold palms. As soon as the fire dancers came on the stage, she ran away from there. She ran towards the vacant and abandoned area. She was breathing heavily and tears were rolling down her cheeks.
At a distance, a group of four boys were sitting under a small shade and singing. Two boys were playing guitars. They looked carefree and their happy faces showed that. One of the boys with a guitar stopped laughing and said anxiously after looking at that girl, "Guys, who is that girl why is she breathing so heavily? Wait....is she having a panig attack?"

Before the other boys could reply he took a bottle of water and went towards her and said, "Hey hey, what happened? Breathe. breathe.......it's ok.....breathe. You want to drink some water?"
Without even looking at the person who offered her to drink water, that girl hurriedly took the water bottle and drank, and she started coughing. That boy said with a concerned face, "calm down...breathe. It's ok. Everything is fine, you need to get a hold of yourself. Trust me, everything will be fine. Just calm down"

When her breath was comparatively stable, she looked at the person who helped her. She lifted her head and saw the most beautiful pair of eyes looking at her with utmost concern and care. She saw a tall, handsome yet cute boy with dark eyes and messy hair looking at her.
The girl was a little surprised because till date she hadn't met anyone who ran to help a stranger. She smiled internally after thinking that people like him still existed in this world.

The boy waved his hand infront of her and said, "Where are you lost? Girl are you fine?"
She replied, "y..yes. "T-thankk....you"

The boy again told, "You can say thank you later on. But first tell me are you ok? Do you want to visit a doctor? Where do you stay? What is your name? What happened to you? Why were you alone? I mean where are your friends? Where is your family? Why did you come out running? Don't mind, but did you see a lizard?"

After hearing what he said, she started laughing. Then the boy asked her again, "What now you are laughing? Bro, you're scary! You were almost having a terrible panic attack and now you're laughing! Are you okay?"
She smiled at his childish behaviour and said, "First of all, hi... I am Diskha Shaw. First year student. And you?"

Even Diskha was surprised when she tried to be friendly with a stranger, it is not her! And that stranger actually helped her smile for the first time after her parents' death.

"Hello, Darshan.....Darshan Raval. You really don't know me? Strange! Because everyone knows me because I am quite famous in the college for doing pranks and for not attending classes. Even I am in first year."

"Nice to meet you. And I really don't know you."

"I know no one will know me like this, if I become an engineer. But if I really become Darshan Raval, everyone will know me one day",Darshan blurted out leaving Diskha confused.
Realising that he said, "Sorry I speak a lot. My bad"

"So thank you for.....I helping. I think I should...umm.....leave? And thank you again", Diksha replied.
Darshan stopped her, "No, no. First answer me, why did you come out running? And you shouldn't go alone. It's not safe..Tell me. I know I am quite mischievous and maybe a little stupid sometimes....But am I trust worthy"

That's how it started! Trust and faith was the foundation of Darshan and Diksha's relationship.

----------------------------------------------------Vote, comment and spread love💙

Vote, comment and spread love💙