29: More about Divya

The sound of Diksha's cries filled the entire room. But without paying attention to her cries, Darshan added, "Or were you tired of being Divya's mom? Because after all this drama I wouldn't be surprised if you say that you are tired of being Divya's mother....just because she is our adopted child."

(This is where I ended the last chapter. So here are a few things about Divya and her truth. I hope you will enjoy the chapter)

<Flashback>
《Three and half years ago》

Diksha and Darshan were legally married, but the they did not have a grand celebration. For them staying together happily mattered the most. Both of them used to stay at Darshan's house in Mumbai.

Diksha entered Darshan's mother's room, and saw him looking at his mother's picture. He was staring at the picture, as if he was silently having a conversation with his mom. Diksha placed her hand on his shoulder and called him.

He suddenly moved as if he came out of a trance. She saw his eyes were moist, so they thought of having a heart felt conversation with him to lighten his mood.

Diksha spoke first, because she knew he wasn't in a state to say anything.
"Listen Gabbu, both of us are working very hard, let's take a short break. It's important for us to keep our mind fresh"
Darshan nodded agreeing to what she had said. After a pause he said,"Time flies so fast. It seems like yesterday I lost mom, and now it has already been a year. Her sweet voice still rings in my ears. It-it is hard to believe that she has left us. I still feel that she is with me"

Diksha gave him a comforting hug and said, "I know...I know this feeling. I know the pain of losing a parent. I have felt that. This hurts...but it's true. The sooner you accept the reality, the lesser you get hurt. Maybe she is not with us physically, but her blessings and well wishes are always with us."

Darshan took a deep a breath and said, "You know, yesterday I received a call from my manager, he was telling that one orphanage home in Mumbai wants me to sing for their 25 year anniversary of that orphanage."

"That's great. We were planning for a vacation, but this opportunity is so beautiful. I mean the kids would love to hear your voice. When is this show?"

"Next week", Darshan replied, "but I was planning to go to that orphanage once. I wanted to see and know the age of the children. Then it will help to make the set list. Because afterall they are kids and I want to sing songs which would be relatable. I want them to enjoy the songs which I'll sing"

"Yes, that is a good idea. If you go there, can I join you?"

"Why not..."
.
.
.
.
Darshan and Diskha went to the orphanage. The head of the orphanage warmly welcomed them.

"Hello Mr and Mrs Raval. I am John Frederick, the head of this home",the head of the orphanage introduced himself.

Diksha, Darshan and Mr John were discussing a few things about the show, when Diksha's attention diverted after hearing a baby cry.

Diskha turned around and saw a baby crying on a lady's lap.
Diksha asked, "Mr John, why is that baby crying so much?"

Mr John sighed and said, "What will I say Madam? That little girl is just six months old...she's the youngest child in our orphanage home. Only Jesus knows what's written in her fate. One day, I saw a little girl lying on the road near our home. I brought her in this home and as of now we are taking care of her. That girl has got a few bruises on her arms, maybe that's why she is crying. I hope Jesus gives her a beautiful life later. The world is really cruel you know. Jesus please save that little child"