33: Threads of love

<FLASHBACK>
"If you don't mind, then you can tell me the reason. Why were you having panic attack? I am good at keeping secrets. Trust me, I don't spill secrets."
The nineteen year old Darshan asked Diksha.

"There were fire dancers"

"Yeah, I know. My seniors have told me that every year the college organises this freshers' welcome programme and brings fire dancers. Same crap every year. And they do not even organise a musical show!"
Darshan said in a frustrated tone.

"But I have...Pyrophobia", Diksha replied while looking down.

"What phobia?", he was puzzled, "Listen please tell me in simple words. I haven't done PhD in phobias, so I don't know so many names"

Diskha's face had a barely noticeable smile, "I am scared of fire"
"I am...sorry....I shouldn't have.....if I troubled you" she hesitantly replied.

"Relax, you didn't trouble me at all. It's fine. It's okay. Even I'm scared of lizards"
Darshan tried to make her feel comfortable.
He changed the topic and said, "But tell me one thing, why were you alone? I mean, you should have a friend or someone. And he or she must be with you...."

"......Actually......I....I"
Diksha fumbled but Darshan interrupted her, "Dude why are you stammering? This isn't a viva exam! Are you scared of me? I don't think I look scary. Do I?"

Disha thought, 'This boy seems so genuine. This is the first time someone is speaking to me with so much care and affection.'

Darshan waved his hand in front of her eyes "Hello Miss! Why do you start day dreaming in between a conversation?"

"Um..no No, actually I am an introverted girl, basically I don't speak a lot...and honestly I have.....no friends..and you aren't scary....and it's evening now. So I am not 'day' dreaming"
She smiled at the end.

"One second....What? Why? You really don't have any friends?"
Darshan questioned in disbelief, but Diksha said "I'm not joking. Actually I don't share things and express my feelings...so no friends"

She thought, 'But this is something I am not used to. I don't speak to an unknown person, but this boy is different. He seems to be lively and full of life'

"Can I be your first friend in college?"
Darshan forwarded his hand and said "Friends?"
Diskha smiled and said, "Are you sure? I..mean....no one likes me....I am not cool....I am quite boring....I am quite introverted"

"Listen dumbo, being an introvert is not a problem. Even I don't express myself to people untill and unless I am very close to them. But when I am with my loved ones and my people I am the most extroverted person"
Darshan said with a big smile on his face.
"Okay....friends....thanks"
Diksha replied shyly. But inside her heart, she was very happy that after her parents she found somone who did not taunt her just because she was a quiet girl. After meeting several fake people in life, she was happy that she found someone who was as clear as water.

"You know, I feel that we should accept ourselves the way we are, and love yourselves...understood?"
Darshan said in a serious tone.

Diskha said, "I have met you a few minutes ago, but still it feels as like I have known you for ages. Because I don't speak to anyone easily. And after mom and dad's death, I-"

She realised that she accidentally spoke about her parents' death. Her eyes brimmed with tears and Darshan replied, "Destiny is cruel. But we have to accept the reality...."

"Ya..yeah...yes"
Diksha said slowly.

"But how did it happen? I mean how did your parents........I am sorry if I am intruding in your personal life..."

"No....it's ok....When I was in 11th standard, my parents' were at home, and I was in my drawing class. When I returned home, I got to know that our house caught fire..due to gas leakage....everything was over when I came...my neighbours tried to help...but everything was over"
Diksha said while looking at vague distance.

Darshan hugged her tightly. Diksha was shocked by his sudden move. But when she closed her eyes, there was a certain amount of comfort which she felt in his arms. She felt that he understood her pain. Darshan sensed her vulnerability, so he felt the need to protect her- he knew she was not weak, but he wanted to make sure that she felt protected. He wanted her to be happy and start her life again. He knew that she had the power to rise again and shine.

Diksha asked after some time, "So why were you sitting there instead of attending the programme?"

"The programme was boring. So my friends and I were sitting and jamming. Moreover this place is so peaceful. You can actually see the stars if you come here at night. I come to this place very often. This place gives me some kind of peace. And I get new melodies in peaceful places"

"So, you're a musician? "

"Yes. I love music..music is my freedom. It makes me feel alive. My friends and I have a band called Dip-Zip...wait let me introduce you to my friends. Okay, but one thing....they are little.... not little....they are very talkative....but they are nice people.....but I have to admit they are little stupid....so don't mind"

Diksha giggled at his innocence.

Then Darshan introduced Siddharth, Jugyal and Hardil to her.

Darshan said, "Guys, she is Diskha. And Diskha...Sidharth, Jugyal and Hardil, they can be like your brothers...."

Siddharth smiled and winked towards Hardil and Jugyal. Instantly both of them understood what Darshan meant.

Siddharth said, "Nice to meet you Diksha....So Diksha and Darshan...you guys continue. We will be back. Hardil, Jugyal let's go.."

Before they left, Siddharth slowly whispered in Darshan's ears, "So boy, love at first sight.....hmmm interesting"

Darshan glared at them and told Siddharth to keep queit. Then he turned towards Diskha and said "I told you they are stupid"

Diskha chuckled "Just like you"
.
.
.
.
Days flew by. Diksha, Darshan, Siddharth, Jugyal, and Hardil become one group. All of them spend their time together in college. But Darshan had a special soft corner for Diksha and everyone understood that. Even Diksha liked when Darshan was around her-- she considered him as her family, her only family in this entire world. He was the only person whom she trusted the most. When all the college students were shipping them together, both of them kind of ignored those topics. Although both of them had a special feeling for each other, they were each other's best friends.

They couldn't describe or define their relation. They had an unbreakable bond, with immense love, respect, trust and care for each other. They loved each other so much that one was ready to support and protect the other even if the world was against them. They were literally each other's support and strength. They laughed, cried, studied, bunked college, ate in the canteen, sang, danced and enjoyed every moment. They lived every single moment together.

Darshan and Diksha had every single quality which is required to maintain a perfect relationship!

After Darshan saw Diksha for the first time, he had the urge to protect her. While Diksha was curious to know know more about the person who was so honest and real. They did not realise when the feeling of protection and curiosity weaved the threads of love, and knitted a beautiful love story. They accepted each other's flaws and together they become flawlessly beautiful.
<FLASHBACK ENDS>

Hey guys! Finally I got the time to update. Well, this whole chapter was a flashback of Darshan and Diksha's college days. It was fun writing this. Tell me if you all enjoyed reading the story.
Don't forget to vote and comment.
Spread love💙