17: And you?

Darshan rests his head on Diksha's shoulder and keps on murmuring 'I need you'.

Diksha gently caresses his hair and gives him the time to calm down.
Then finally Darshan looks up and observes Diksha's face clearly.
Diksha slowly says, "Gabbu, you were underestimating yourself. You did not screw things up and you are strong enough to handle things. Maybe you were overburdened by work and responsibilities. And it's okay to feel low sometimes. We are all humans at the end of the day. You're not alone..dad, Siddharth, Divya..all of them are here. And moreover you have the love of millions of people, who genuinely love you. Everyone is here Darshan. You aren't alone. And mom is always there with all of us. She is proud of you. You're a strong boy. Trust me.. everything will be alright. You will be alright. Everyone is with you."

"And you?"
Darshan questions.

"I'm always there for you."
Diksha places her right palm on Darshan's shoulder and says,"All these years I was not beside you physically but our souls are always together. I did not leave your side Darshan, I was not here physically all the time. I'm always there for you- to love you, to support you, to care for you. I can never leave you Gabbu" .

A few minutes, there was a comfortable silence between both of them.

Darshan looks at Diksha and notices that she still looks the same, just like the earlier days. But there is something missing- he misses her beautiful angelic smile. He could feel that her eyes have pain, love, concern and care for him.

Even though they have several questions piled up in their minds they are happy in each other's company. Keeping all the unanswered questions aside, both of them are mesmerised with each other's presence. Both of them are broken in their own ways, but for a brief moment they have forgotten about their fears, insecurities, ego, and other problems. Neither of the two know, whether they will stay in each other's embrace forever, but they surely they are enjoying their time now.

Darshan was constantly doubting himself, and he felt he was not performing his responsibilities well. But Diksha slowly helps him to get rid of his insecurities. That's a long process to help someone feel less insecure, but certainly she helped him take the first step towards that.

Darshan wants Diksha to come back in his life. He wants to ask why she had left him three years ago. But he does not want to ruin their moment by asking her that question. He trusts her so much that he knew that there must be a valid reason for her sudden departure.

The silence of the room is interrupted by Diksha's voice, "I think Darshan you should sleep now. You're tired. You sleep. Good night"
"Don't leave please", Darshan hurriedly says. He fears that she might leave him again.
Diksha smiled faintly and says, "who said I'm leaving? I'm here... right beside you. I'm not going anywhere. I promise when you you'll wake up I will be right beside you. Now sleep."

Darshan closes his eyes and Diksha starts caressing his hair. Within a few minutes he fall asleep.

Diksha slowly whispers, "I missed you Gabbu. I love you"

__________________________________

Hey guys!
Did you all like the chapter? I know it was a short chapter but still did you all enjoy the chapter?
I would love to read your comments! Are you all liking the story?
Also don't forget to vote and comment.
Spread love💙