27: One Wrong Step

The bungalow was brilliantly decorated with fairy lights. The place looked surreal. Everyone was sitting near the bonfire. Darshan and Siddharth were playing guitar and singing. Divya insisted Hardil to play snakes and ladders with her. Both of them were playing while Jugyal was busy capturing beautiful pictures. The atmosphere was filled with happiness, but Diksha was lost in her thoughts. Siddharth noticed that and called her to join them "Diksha why are you sitting alone? Come join us"

Diksha nodded, "Yeah..guys continue, I'm here"
Darshan noticed that she was constantly checking her phone. She was either calling or texting someone. She looked tensed.

Darshan stopped singing and went towards her. He quietly sat beside her and said, "What happened? What's wrong? "
His voice scared Diksha as she was distracted from her chain of thoughts.
"Darshan..nothing...I'm enjoying here...fresh air, I'm good...you go...enjoy"

"No, I'm not going anywhere without you. Come let's go there. Siddharth and me are jamming on a song, you'll be there"

Before Diksha could protest, Darshan grabbed his hand and both of them went there near the bonfire.

Darshan sat with his guitar and started singing again, "Itni mohabbat karona
Main bhul na jahoon kahin"

That song exactly described Darshan's state of mind. He wanted to know the truth from Diksha. Needless to say everyone was mesmerised in Darshan's voice. His voice had a calm yet sad tone which was full of emotions.

Suddenly Diksha's phone vibrated and she went from there to receive the call.
"Yes, please be prepared like I told you"
"......."
"Yes, I'm sure I want to do this..."
"......."
"You don't have to worry. I'll be there. Don't be late"

She said these few words and disconnected the call. She was about to go near the lawn, when Siddharth called her from behind.
"Diksha"

"Yes, what happened Sid?"

"I have been observing you since morning, now just tell me what's wrong with you. You can tell me whatever you want"

"Siddharth,can..you....promise..one......thing?"

"Promise? what promise?"

"Will you promise me that you will be there for Darshan always? Will you always protect Divya?"

Siddharth was surprised by her question.

"Please don't be quiet. Just tell me please. Promise me that you'll always be there for Darshan and Divya. You know Darshan...he....he is very emotional. Promise me that you will not let anything happen to him. Promise me that you will protect Divya and always be there for her. Siddharth, right now I need this confirmation from you. Please-"
She wiped the tears forming near the corner of her eyes and looked at Siddharth.

"Diksha, you know I'm always there for you, Darshan and Divya. Darshan is my best friend and he is like my younger brother....and I love Divya, she is like an angel in our lives. So where is this promise coming from?"

"Sid....the situation might not remain the same after a few days....maybe in a few hours......whatever.....just promise me that you'll be with them always. I can trust you,"

"Diksha...Diksha just calm down. Listen to me..I'm always there for Darshan and Divya. I consider you as my sister. How can I not be there for you all?"

"I-I am so relieved Sid. I just....Thank you....I can't explain....thank you"

"Diskha, calm down..calm down. Tell me what's wrong?"

"Siddharth, I can't..I'm sorry Sid. Maybe this is the last time we're meeting."

"Diksha, what are you saying? I don't know what you are saying. But as a brother and as a friend, I'm warning you. Don't take a wrong decision. Don't do something which you'll regret later. Just don't do something stupid, please Diksha. Before doing anything think about Darshan. He will be broken again. Right now your relation is in a very delicate position. One step wrong can change everything. Just think about it. Don't hurt yourself and Darshan. I trust you, don't take a wrong step. One incorrect decision can change your lives."
Siddharth told her and left from there.
.
.
.
.
At night everyone was enjoying the amazing food.
"Hardil bro, the food is just......mind blowing....fantastic....I have no words."
Jugyal said while eating.

Hardil agreed and said, "Afterall this my arrangement. Food and I have an special bond you know"

Darshan laughed and added, "Yes, but no one will believe that you eat like monster. You eat the food of two people but still you're thin like a stick!"

Hardil replied, "That's because food and I have made a deal, where I'll eat as much as I want but I won't gain weight!"

Divya giggled after hearing those. Darshan's jokes made everyone laugh till their stomach ached.
Siddharth remained distracted. He was worried. He feared that Diksha might do something wrong, because she was sounding very very emotional. But he couldn't figure out what was wrong. And he knew that it wasn't easy for him to get the answers as she was a very private person. She used to bottle her feelings, and never share anything with anyone until and unless she was very helpless.
Everyone went to their respective rooms, but Divya told that she wanted to hear mores stories from Siddharth.
"Siddharth uncle, pleaseee....I want to hear more stories about this place...please...we will go in your room and we will hear manyyyyyy stories"
Before going inside the room with Divya, Siddharth whispered to Diksha, "Don't take a wrong decision. Consider my opinion. It is a request"

《Coming up in the next chapter》
"Sorry Diksha. I know you hate these kind of cliche filmy scenes and this happened in your life."

.............................................................

How is the story so far? Drop your comments and don't forget to vote. And tell me what do you all think about Diskha? What is she going to do? Any guesses??

Spread love💙