18: Diksha

[This whole chapter is going to be Diksha's point of view. Happy reading!]

<Diksha's point of view>

I was working in my office, when one office staff came and told me, "Ma'am is calling you"
I went inside the cabin of my boss- Ms Shruti Patel. She is the owner of the S.N.P Fashion Enterprise and I am the lead designer of the company.

Drawing has always been my passion, so I took fashion designing as my profession.
I might sound that I'm living a happy life because my passion is also my profession...but trust me, my life is the best example of perfectly messed up life. And wait, there's no villian in my story- I have screwed up my life myself.

Ms Patel said, "Diksha, I'm quite impressed with your designs. It has been two years that you're working here and still your designs are beautiful and unique"

That was really kind of her. Also Ms Patel has really helped me in the most difficult times. She has been there with me like a sister.

Both of us were discussing about the new project when by phone vibrated. I completely ignored the call and continued to speak with Ms Patel.
After the meeting got over, I took out my phone. I saw someone had called me after three freaking years!
It was Darshan's father.

Darshan and I have been college friends. Both of us were in an engineering college but none of us were interested in engineering. I wanted to become a fashion designer and he wanted to become a singer. And later both of us dropped college and persued our respective dreams. When we were 22, we got legally married. I know 22 is too young to get married, but we were sure about what we wanted to do. And both of our families were happy with that- they respected our decision and had no issues with that. Instead of a grand wedding, both Darshan and I wished to have a small occasion. And we were married legally. And after that both of us were happy. I was doing further studies in fashion designing and Darshan was working hard day and night to become a successful singer. We were struggling on our respective professional paths, yet we were happy because we were together. But then one day all of got the biggest shock of our life- Rajal Maa left us. Darshan was completely broken, but we all supported him. He was almost at the verge of giving up, but then the success of his song Tera Zikr gave him the strength. He understood he was on the right track. He slowly overcame his grief and again we were happy. Both of us had planned a beautiful future for us. Who knew that destiny had other plans for us? Everything became upside down when I left his house one day. And that was the biggest mistake of my life. And it has been three years that I didn't meet him. Darshan had called me a few times but I never answered. But there was one thing that made me feel Darshan was with me- it was a pendent that he gave me on my birthday. But one day I lost that as well. That pendent was something that gave me strength every day and I felt as if Darshan was beside me, but unfortunately now I don't even have that pendent with me. And now the only things which keep me alive are my work and the beautiful memories with Darshan and our little angel Divya.

But today I was surprised to see Darshan's dad calling me. I hesitated a bit, but I received the call.

"Hello"
I answered feebly

"Diksha, how are you child? Where have you been all these years?"

I was almost in a situation to cry after hearing his voice after so many years.
"I am........fine dad"

"Stop lying child. I know you're not. But all these days I did not call because I thought that Darshan and you will solve your problems... but clearly that is not something that has happened. I thought you both would sort out your problems and we didn't want to interfere in your personal matters.We all felt that both of you were mature enough to understand each other and solve your problems. But it has been three years and nothing is okay.....Darshan has not been doing well after you left..and I know even you're not ok. Child please come back."

"No. no....no dad. That's not possible"

"But why?"

"No no..dad...."

"I know you would say that....do you know what happened today? Today a car almost hit Divya and after that incident Darshan is..."

"W-what happened? Is...is he okay?"

"He...he got intoxicated and he is unconscious right now..I think Darshan and Divya need you right now...please come back child. Atleast think about Divya...."

"But...dad....."

"obviously no one is forcing you. But please think about my decision. The final decision is yours..bye"

I was surprised, shocked to hear everything. I thought that I would never return back to Darshan's house, but today after hearing everything I listened to my heart-

Yes I went to Darshan's house... after three years.

I entered the house and saw everything was the same, just like it was three years ago. I saw my little Divya sleeping and Reena kaki sitting beside her. I smiled faintly and slowly I went to Darshan's room, earlier which used to be 'our room'.

I saw Siddharth sitting with a sad face. I smiled faintly at him, but I understood that he was very happy to see me after a long time.

Siddharth, Darshan, Jugyal, Hardil and me were very close friends in college. I was the youngest among all four of them and they loved me a lot. Darshan and I were inseparable. Jugyal and Hardil were very good friends. But Siddharth and I shared the bonding of a brother and sister. Maybe he wasn't my own brother, but he has always been there for me, protected me and supported me like a true brother. But after I left Darshan's house, I did not contact any of them. And honestly I missed them a lot. I know they have been beside Darshan and supported him always.

Then Darshan's father gave me a fatherly hug and immediately a drop of tear fell down from my eyes. I immediately wiped it. I turned my head towards the bed, and saw him lying there.

Dad and Siddharth left the room. And there I was with him.....

I sat beside Darshan on the bed and looked at him. I noticed that he has become much thinner than before. His swollen eyes were a proof that he was crying. He had dark circles under his eyes...maybe he didn't sleep well for a few days. And at the back of my mind, I knew I was somehow responsible for this condition of Darshan. But trust me, I've equally suffered during these years. At that moment, all I wanted was to hug him and tell him how much I missed him...how much I love him.

I remember Darshan had told me that we will meet one day if we're destined. And see, here we are!
I am sitting beside the person who I love the most.

I slowly caressed his hair and somehow controlled the flood of emotions inside my heart.

<End of Diksha's point of view>

[I made this edit. I tried my best, please tell me if you all liked this. Should I make these types of edits more..on the other characters of the story?]
__________________________________

Hello everyone!
This time the whole chapter was Diksha's point of view. So did you like it?
Do tell me in the comments.
This was quite a big chapter, did you guys enjoy reading this?
Will be back with the next part very soon. Stay tuned!
Also don't forget to vote and comment
Spread love💙