34: Chase your dream

"Six years ago I met a girl who was lost, who didn't know what to do. But all thanks to love and friendship which healed her. She realised that art was her calling. That same girl told me to chase my dream. I was at the verge of giving up, when she held me and told me to follow my dream. After mom, she was the one who understood what I actually wanted. She is the reason why I am a singer today. If that day, she didn't make me understand that music should be my career, then I would have not been a singer today. People say that my music is like a blessing, but for me that girl was a blessing. And today when I see you, it surprises me. You are the person who helped me believe in myself, when I was doubting my own self. Are you the same girl who told me to follow my dreams, instead of thinking about the world? Diksha it surprises me that todayy you are thinking about what the world will say!"

FLASHBACK
Diksha was rubbing her eyes and yawning continuously. She almost fell asleep, so the college professor asked her to get out of out of the room. Without complaining, she went out.

"Dikshaaaaa listennnnnnn"
Darshan called her.

"Yes? Don't" *yawns* "irritate me" *yawns*

"Did you take sleeping pills or something? But if you did then you shouldn't be awake? Are you on drugs or something?"
Darshan questioned.

"Do you really think I am on drugs? I am failing miserably in time management. Yesterday, I was attending an online art workshop and then after that I was drawing a few sketches. I slept at 4am in the morning and didn't get proper sleep. And hence, I'm looking like an owl! Also, to add the cherry on the top, I did not get my salary so I couldn't pay the house rent. Know if my landlord throws me out of the house I will have a beautiful life!"
Diksha completed in one go.

"Are you breathing? How can you speak so fast?! Are you a human or maybe some robot who speaks in 2X speed!"

"Darshan if you don't keep your mouth shut, I swear I'll murder you. And I won't think about the consequences."

Although Diskha looked like a volcano which would burst any moment, Darshan gave her a tight hug.

He thought, Diksha you don't know how happy I am right now. I am glad that you are happy and not quiet like I met you. Trust me, I promise I'll always stand by your side. As a true friend, I will try my best to make you happy. It is my responsibility to lighten up your mood and make sure that you do not lose the track of your life. I am so happy that now I can see a stronger version of you, who is no longer scared of facing the challenges of life.

"Hello Raval" Diskha waved her hand in front of Darshan's eyes "Back to earth Raval. What are you thinking?"

"Huh...no nothing. On a serious note, tell me one thing. You are a private tutor. And you teach children how to draw"

Diskha corrected them,"I don't teach Darshan. I just guide them. Everyone is gifted with a special blessing. And those children can draw beautifully. I just help them to do better"

"Yeah understood. But tell me one thing. You were attending art workshop till late night and then you were drawing?"

"Yeah..I told you right now"

"So you really love to draw?"

"Yes, I love it! I love to draw sketches"

"Then why are you not perusing that? I mean....you are an artistic person. Then engineering college?"

"Actually, after mom and dad passed away, my relatives told me to take engineering...because they thought I was good for this. And also because some relatives of my extended family are engineers. Honestly at that point I did whatever they enrolled me to do....I was lost..."