28: Hurt

Diksha went inside her room. She took a deep breath and said, "No...I'll do this"
She started packing her bags quickly, then she received a call.

"Diskha are you sure? Are you sure, you wanna do this?"

"Yes, yes, yes, I've told you several times"

"Diksha, just think about Darshan once. And Divya? What about her? Don't you think you're taking a very big step? Is it really necessary? "

"I have prepared myself. I have made my mind. I won't take a step back. Whatever I'm doing, it's good for Darshan and Divya"

"It's your life after all....anyways the car will be there near the back gate. It'll drop you to the airport"

"Thank you"

"No need. It's your life. Do whatever you want, but take care"

Diskha hung up the call and took her luggage.
Yes, she was going away.....

She grabbed her bag and was about to go when she heard someone say in a deep voice,"Have a safe journey Mrs Raval"

Within a fraction of seconds, Diksha recognised who it was!
It was none other than Darshan's voice!

"Sorry Diksha. I know you hate these kind of cliche filmy scenes and this happened in your life. You were leaving at night and I stopped you. This is just like those cliche films where the heroine tries to leave the house quietly and the hero stops her", Darshan sarcastically told, "But you know, I heard your conversation from outside"

Diksha stood in front of him, like a statue. She didn't know how to react.

Darshan added, "Diksha you should have at least locked the door or you could have spoken softly, so that no one could have heard the conversation"

Diksha said almost in a whispering tone, "Da...Dar...Darshan I c..can ex...explain wh..why"

"Wait..wait. What did you just say? You'll explain?"
Darshan chuckled sarcastically,
"what will you explain? Do you even have anything to explain?"

Diksha remained quiet.

"See you are quiet. And what did you say a few moments ago....'I can explain'....you can't say anything because you have nothing to say. It's quite clear that you were going away from here. And a car for you is ready, near the back gate. Go, it's waiting for you. The car will drop you at the airport and no one will find out. Go."
Darshan screamed "Just go away"

Diksha was shocked. Darshan had heard each and everything of the conversation.

"What happened? I have no importance in your life, isn't it? Then why is my presence affecting you? You have already made your mind...so what are you waiting for?You will be going to the airport, right? Then you must have a flight scheduled...so why are you waiting here? Go.... you will miss the flight. Go...go....", Darshan said.

Diksha understood that Darshan was angry, and more than angry, he was heart broken, precisely he was hurt. She remembered what Darshan had earlier said- 'let's not create an unbridgeable barrier between both of us.' She remembered Siddharth's words- 'don't take a wrong step. One incorrect decision can change your lives.'
She tried to say something, but at the end she managed to tell only a few words, "No...I...was....I...am....sorry...no I...mean"

At that moment Diksha's 'sorry' infuriated Darshan even more. He shouted at her, "Sorry? Do you think just a mere sorry will do? Do you even have the slightest idea of what I am feeling right now? I gave you the time to tell me everything. I trusted you that no matter what, you will tell me everything. I had started believing that things between the both of us were improving. I had imagined 'happily ever after' life for us! Okay fine. Maybe that was my mistake that I had imagined so far. But what were you doing? Why did you try to go away from here? Just tell me one thing do have a problem with my happiness? Like whenever I'm happy, why do you ruin my happiness and try to go away from my life. Diksha do you realise that you weren't here for three years. And when you are back, and when everything is fine...you're trying to leave me all of a sudden. Why?"

Diskha stood there, and drops of tears were flowing down her cheeks. She thought 'Gabbu how can I have a problem with your happiness? Infact I feel peaceful when you're happy. Today I was leaving because that would have been beneficial for your life. I would never want to destroy your life. Never'
But she couldn't speak a word.
Her silence was irritating Darshan.

"WHY ARE YOU NOT SAYING ANYTHING? Stop testing my patience, and just answer me dammit. Today I need an answer. Diksha I can't wait anymore. Just answer me. WHY?"

"Darshan I'm sorry. I'm really sorry"

"There's literally no point of saying sorry. Do you get that? Okay, just tell me one thing. Where were you planning to go?"

"N-new Y-york"

"Great! And may I know why? Ok..okay lemme guess...maybe because you were tired? Tired of me?Or maybe you have found someone who is better than me."

Diksha denied, "No...no...never"

"Do you even love me?" For a moment both of Darshan's eyes become teary, but he controlled himself.

"Darshan are asking me this? After all these years? Don't you know the answer?"

Darshan shouted, "Then why? Why were you leaving again? Don't have any value for people's emotions? Didn't you think about me and Divya? Why the hell are you quiet?"

The sound of Diksha's cries filled the entire room. But without paying attention to her cries, Darshan added, "Or were you tired of being Divya's mom? Because after all this drama I wouldn't be surprised if you say that you are tired of being Divya's mother....just because she is our adopted child."
__________________________________

"__________________________________

(Okay...the cute Darshan is Mr Angry Raval now😅)

__________________________________

Darshan is very angry on Diksha. But do you think his anger is justified and Diksha is wrong? Or you think that Diksha was really doing all this for Darshan?
And what about Divya?

Do tell me in the comments and don't forget to vote.
Spread love 💙