8: Delicate sandcastle

Siddharth, Darshan and Hardil are inside Darshan's studio and they are working on a song.
"Guys I'll be back in a minute", Darshan excuses himself and goes towards the window.

Hardil looks at Darshan and tells Siddharth, "Bro, I don't know what to do for him

Hardil looks at Darshan and tells Siddharth, "Bro, I don't know what to do for him. All of us know each other since we were in College. He doesn't share much but we know what he has been going through over the last three years."
"Neither do I know what to do for him", Siddharth replies with helpless face.
"What if we call Rajendra uncle? I mean if he is around, Darshan might feel better..."
Hardil suggests to call Darshan's father and tell him to come to Mumbai.

|After a few weeks|

"Darshan...get up my boy..."
Darshan slowly wakes up and he sees his father sitting beside him. He has a big smile on his face.
"Dad, how are you?"
"You tell me, how are you?"
"All good", Darshan lies to him.
Even though his father knows he is lying, he does not say anything further.

After sometime his dad questions, "what have you decided?"
Darshan looks at him with a completely blank face. To clear the confusion, his father adds, "See Darshan, we don't want to see you roaming around with a sad face. Siddharth has told me that you are not taking care of yourself properly. It's easier said than done but please.. please...try to move on. If your mother was here she would have told you the same."

Even though Darshan's father tries his best to explain and show his concern for his son, he is not ready to listen to anything.
"Dad I know you all want me to be happy and all..."
Darshan realised that he was being rude, so he calms himself and continues, "trust me I tried, mom left us all of a sudden, and it was nothing less than a severe shock for me. And after that immense loss, I wasn't prepared to face another one. I can't......I'm sorry dad."
"But Darshan it has been three years. You cannot spent your entire life like this, you can't simply avoid and deny the reality. We are with you, we will help you, Divya is here. Take some time and focus on your own life now. Plan your goals again and start focusing on those."

"Dad, I am focusing on my career. I did not leave music. And I can never leave music, it is my only companion- the only way to find peace.....My personal life is a complete mess. But I can't plan my life all alone and move on. Because 'we' had planned things for 'us'- there was never any separate planning for 'me'. I had planned 'our' life along with her. Even though we had different life goals, we wanted to achieve it together. Everything in our life was planned, until the violent waves of the sea destroyed my delicate sandcastle"
"...so form your castles again Darshan", his father replies patiently.
"Dad...let's go Divya must be waiting for you. She will be very happy to see you after so long."
Darshan wipes the tears and hurriedly walks out of the room to meet Divya.

Darshan avoided the discussion again. Maybe something was hurting him so much that he did not know how to handle things, and arrange his messed up life. For how long will he run away from the reality? Let's see what destiny has planned for him.

Coming up in the next chapter:
"Where did you go?" He says in a deeply shaken voice. "I'm here, please come back. Please let us give each other a chance and destroy the pile of unspoken words"
__________________________________

Hello readers! What do you all think, how long will Darshan try to escape the reality?
Also I have already written the draft of the next chapter. So I will update that very soon. And I think the next chapter is going to be interesting. Ok..so..let me tell you all, in the next chapter I will reveal the name of the person who was being referred as 'she' till now. Get ready guys!!
Till then stay safe and take care of yourselves
Also vote and comment. I will be waiting for your comments
Spread love💙