De'Vaugh 35

I was too young to be this damn stressed, all I wanted to do was make music, get money, and fuck my nigga... yet I was caught in so many different storylines that I needed to map them all out and decide which ones deserved my attention and which ones I could ignore. First up was the situation with Omari, that nigga was under the delusion that I owed him something and that it was my fault people were calling him a flop.... last time I checked, that nigga fired me and hired the nigga I was fuckin with to be his producer/manager while I went on to help my boy Scorpio become an even bigger star. One thing about Omari though, he never took no for an answer and he mistakenly believes he could hoe me into working with him and now he was using one of them, damn sisters, as a bargaining chip.... right now he was my biggest problem and I knew something was boiling between us and eventually it was going to come to a head. Then there was the situation with my mom and Natalie, I wasn't sure how to deal with that and while the situation with Omari was the most pressing matter at this point, the situation with my mom was the most important.... I mean it's my mom. We had my potential business dealings with Slayer and also this new situation that was currently developing..... this one was complicated and I wasn't exactly sure what to think but the energy felt..... off.

"So what do you say De'Vaugh? Are you in or are you out.... this Summer Bash will be the biggest event ATL has ever seen and your name can be forever tied to it....." Eleazar said sitting across from me wearing an expensive three-piece suit.

"I'm not really a party planner or promoter.... I make beats, I DJ from time to time.... I don't see why you think I'm the right person." I said looking at him, now Tripp has already given me the rundown on this nigga. Apparently, he was some trust fund kid who was well connected on the political side, but that's not where his interest lies...... "What about Tavian St. Juste? He's probably the best party promoter/planner in the country and he's close.. Miami is a quick flight away."

"Tavian tends to deal with... older clients, the demographic I'm looking to attract is 18-25, plus there's the whole thing with his father, and I rather not tangle with that crowd." Eleazar said and while I didn't know what he was talking about, I knew it was probably better now to ask questions. "You have something better than experience, you have the connections to bring some of the biggest stars to this party.... the planning and promoting will be handled by some of my people all you have to do is put out the word and bring in the performers." Eleazar said.

"Can I think about it?" I asked not wanting to give him a solid answer until I did some more research on him, because there was something about him that I didn't trust. Eleazar nodded and stood up, adjusted his suit, before pulling a card from the breast pocket and handing it to me.

"Time is money De'Vaugh.... and the longer you wait the smaller your window becomes to get the best... I do have one request though..... a personal favor, if you do decide to work with me, please.... and I'm begging you, please get Rockstar to come, he's my favorite artist right now." Eleazar said winking as he walked out of the studio, about fifteen seconds later Scorpio walked in and sat next to me.

"I take it you were listening at the door?" I asked looking at him.

"You know I was.... so are you going to do it?" Scorpio asked and I shrugged. "I don't see why you wouldn't, sounds like an easy bag to me and you already got one performer so it shouldn't be hard for you to get some more, especially if I start putting the word out." Scorpio said and this is why he was my bro, he didn't even have to be asked.

"I'll probably have to sleep on it.... how's Naz doing?" I asked Scorpio and he shrugged. "You don't know how your nigga is doing?" I asked and he gave me one of his infamous annoyed looks.

"Nigga you don't know how your cousin is doing?" Scorpio snapped, then sighed quietly. "He's been... distant. He tries to put up this front like nothing bothers him and that he's happy but.... I can see it in his eyes, he's hurt and he's sad..... this shyt with his mom, it's killing him and I don't want my nigga dealing with this shyt. I was thinking about taking him out to my crib in L.A. for a couple of weeks but he's trying to finish school so that wouldn't work... I don't mean I gotta do something because he's close to breaking." Scorpio said and I knew if this shyt was stressing me out.... the damage that it was doing to Naz couldn't be put into words.