De'Vaugh 12

Walking up to the house where I grew up felt a lot different with Tripp by my side, it was like I was sharing my childhood with him and I know it may sound crazy but memories I have of this place seemed to be different.... it was like he was in all of them even though he wasn't there. I couldn't stay long because I had a lot of stuff to do today since the party was tomorrow night and Jacobi was stressing over everything, but when I walked inside the dogs who usually jumped all over me, bypassed me and went straight for Tripp like I was invisible or something. I looked into the living room, my brother Dex was sitting on the couch with his leg propped up and I could tell he just came from physical therapy, given how angry he looked, his leg wasn't healing the proper way which meant more surgery and more time off the field. I knew he wouldn't be mad too long though if my nose was correct my mom was in the kitchen making peach cobbler and I already knew my dad had gone fishing so that meant they were having catfish..... see Jacobi just might have to wait because I already knew once I started eating I was going to be out for the count.

"Wassup Dex?" I asked sitting down on the couch next to him while he just stared at the blank television screen, Dex didn't say a single word, it was like he was stuck in a daze or something. I knew football was his life and it was almost as if he was watching his dreams come to an end, I didn't want to say it out loud but his days of playing football were over with.

"Well aren't you a Grumpy Grover, nigga quit fuckin sulking, it's a nice day out... it's almost sundress season, you're about an eight in the face.... so you really have no reason to be mad." Tripp said patting Dex on his injured leg and Dex looked like he was about to punch Tripp, but then he leaned back against the couch and smiled.

"I really don't fuckin like you Tripp." Dex said but I knew that was some bullshyt because Tripp seemed to be the only person who could get Dex to smile these days. "I heard Naz was back, why hasn't he been to see me yet?" Dex asked and I shrugged, I was certain I mentioned it top Naz but he's been so busy lately.

"You want me to call him and tell him to bring his ass over here?" I asked and Dex shrugged. "I can't deal with all this moping around so I'll be in the kitchen." I said getting up and walking into the kitchen where my mom was making like six peach cobblers. "What's the occasion?" I asked kissing her on the cheek.

"One is for your Uncle Neji, two are for the house, and the other three are going to Jacobi. He's such a sweetheart." My mom said and I elected not to tell her how much of a freak Jacobi was. "Was that Tripp I heard in there?" She asked and I nodded. "TRIPP YOU BETTER GET YOUR ASS IN HERE AND SPEAK TO ME!!!!" My mom yelled directly in my ear.

"When is dad coming back?" I asked walking over to the fridge and checking to see what they had they had in here to drink.

"Who knows, he'll probably be gone all day... Neji came over earlier and you know how they get when they get together.... Hey Baby." My mom said kissing Tripp on the cheek. My mom and Tripp started talking and I walked out because they would probably talk for hours and I wouldn't get a word in, everyone in my family loved Tripp... which I took to mean that he was probably the one for me.

"What Naz say?" Dex asked when I walked back into the living room.

"Hold on let me call him." I said pulling out my phone and ignoring the fifty plus text messages and phone calls, most them were from Omari and if he thought he could force me to work with him then he had me fucked up because I couldn't turn mediocre bars into a hit, no matter how good the beats were. "Where your bitch ass at?" I asked as soon as I heard him pick up.

"He's sleep...." Scorpio said annoyed and I should've known they were together. "You got a message you want me to relay to him?" Scorpio asked, after telling Scorpio that Dex wanted to see him, Scorpio told me that they would be over here in about thirty minutes.