August 54

I was slipping in and out of consciousness, I remember leaving the parking lot and when I woke up a few minutes later we were pulling up to Jacobi's, I closed my eyes again and when I opened them Jacobi was yelling, Semaj looked like he was trying not to swing, and the dude Kilo was standing off to the side quietly. Next thing I knew there was some random dark-skinned dude shining a light in my eyes, I felt like absolute shyt and the light was making my head hurt even more. I pulled away and Jacobi was by my side, I couldn't tell you what he was saying but Jacobi's presence gave me comfort and then.... terror as I heard the voice of my oldest brother Aries behind me, I tried to turn but the doctor (I read his name tag) kept me from turning my head. I must've really got my ass whooped because I was barely able to form a thought but knowing that Aries was here seemed to clear some of the fog, I knew my brothers and one thing about Aries was that he didn't play when it came to me and Ahmad. I wouldn't be too surprised if he had his gun with him. I sat there for about an hour before the doctor said something to Jacobi and then Jacobi walked me up to his bedroom, the sun was out and I winced slightly, before I could even complain Jacobi was closing the curtains.

"I asked you for one fuckin thing and you couldn't even do that." Semaj said quietly, I could tell by his tone that he was furious. Given how the room had taken on a golden tint, it was either dusk or dawn... my head didn't hurt as bad but the light still made my head hurt. "You know how that nigga is... him coming back was the last thing I wanted." Semaj said.

"You've put me in an unwinnable position Semaj.... I had to choose between you and my cousin. I can take you being mad at me.... but that nigga.... Just like you said, I know how he is, now imagine if he had gone the whole weekend without knowing. What do you think his reaction would be?" Jacobi asked.

"No different than it is now, and to make matters worse... something that I'm just finding out is that Equannis tried checking Quran whatever day he and Joseph helped Beaux. Apparently, they got into it and Quran did what Quran does so now... I'm afraid Quran is going to kill him." Semaj said. "You should've let me handle it." Semaj added.

"To be honest, my concern isn't what Quran is going to do.... he's grown. My concern is him...." Jacobi said pointing towards me. "And considering what they did to him, I think Quran may have the right idea." Jacobi said and I could hear just how serious he was. "Have you spoken to Naz?" Jacobi asked.

"Yeah, he's on his way with De'Vaugh. Apparently, it's all hands on deck.... they've been itching for an altercation. You good?" Semaj said noticing that I was up, I nodded, then winced.

"Still a little fucked up but you know I'm Cunningham tough.... We're built different." I said smiling. "Ayy can I get something to e...." Jacobi was out of the room before I could even finish which is exactly what I wanted him to do. "Aight so what's the plan?" I asked hopping out of bed and walking over to him.

"Nigga, you can't even walk in a straight line... YOU aren't doing shyt." Semaj said, see I wasn't even going to mention the fact that I was still a little dizzy but of course Semaj catches everything. "I got it handled, I've spoken with Aries and Ahmad, they'll be coming with me and....." Semaj was interrupted by Jacobi bursting into the room and walking to his closet, seconds later he emerged holding his gun. "Umm, what's going on?" Semaj asked but Jacobi completely ignored him and walked out of the room.

We got downstairs and standing outside the door was a slim dark skinned dude, Equannis's cousin Javoris. Personally, I've never had any beef with Javoris. He was always coo and didn't put up with his cousin's bullshyt... Jacobi apparently didn't see it that way because it looked like he was ready to blow Javoris's head off. I walked (wobbled) over to Jacobi and placed my hand on his shoulder, preventing him from doing something crazy.