Semaj 17

I knew Quran was listening, I could feel that nigga standing behind me but I didn't have shyt to hide so I didn't mind him eavesdropping; true LeTarius was my ex but we weren't ever anything too serious. We dated, got bored, broke up, and he moved.... end of story. The conversation was brief, mostly about wanting to catch up because we hadn't seen each other in a while and I know some people would say that it's a bad idea contrary to popular beliefs exes could still be friends. I finished the conversation and Quran was standing so close that our chest was touching, damn he smelled good as fuck and he was sexy as hell when he was mad. I gave him a quick peck on the lips and walked right past him, I knew he was going to have something to say but Quran was strategic when it came to picking when and where we argued but I knew it was coming eventually. We walked back inside as my parents were setting the table, being the gentleman that he was Quran offered to help but my parents insisted that they had it; everything seemed to be going smoothly until the front door opened and Joseph walked back into the dining room and sat right next to Quran.

"I thought you were leaving?" My dad asked and I could tell he was asking overall because, like me, he was growing tired of Joseph's presence here.

"The GIRL I was going to see called and said she started bleeding and shyt, so I had to cancel my plans.... though if I had to take my pick, I'd rather fuck a bitch on her period before I EVER play in a nigga's ass, ain't that right Uncle James." Joseph said smiling.

"Since you like blood so much, how about I rock your shyt again? I mean last time you claimed I caught you off guard so wassup? I'm giving you a warning this time." Quran said looking at Joseph and the smile that was on my dad's face grew wider as he leaned back in his seat and got comfortable.

"Semaj, would you and Quran running over to Rochelle's house and grabbing that bottle of red wine? I need it to make the Red Wine sauce for my Beef Wellington, otherwise, my whole dinner is ruined." My mom said and the way she was looking at me let me know I had no option. Me and Quran got up and walked out of the house, the second we got to the car Quran looked at me.

"If I were you I wouldn't have given him a warning, I just would've punched him dead in his fuckin mouth.... granted I could've gotten away with it because I live there." I said smiling but Quran's face reminded blank. "Let me guess you wanna know about LeTarius?" I asked.

"Oh I didn't realize he had a name, I was just going to call him ol'boy for the duration of my stay.... so tell me about LeTarius." Quran said as I pulled off.

"Fine, but afterwards I need you to explain something to me..... LeTarius was a dude from the hood, his nickname was Savage because he was reckless as fuck and was always getting into trouble and as you've noticed, I got a thing for dudes with a mean streak. We met on a site we had no business being on and started talking, we talked, linked a few times, messed around a little bit but then I grew tired of having to ask for rides to go see him then we broke up... It last all of three weeks.... but we stayed in touch then he moved and I got arrested. The End." I said looking at Quran.

"I can accept that.... though I'm not too thrilled that y'all messed around but I knew you weren't a virgin when we first started talking so I can't be TOO upset. Now, what did you want to ask me?" Quran said relaxing in his seat.

"What's going on with you? Since you got here it's like you've been looking for confrontation; Beaux and now LeTarius, I'm not going to say shyt about Joseph because he needs his ass beat but it's like.... you're looking for a reason not to like them, in the hopes that you get to fight." I said looking at him and he was quiet, even after we picked up the red wine from his aunt he still hadn't answered my question.

"Semaj, you know I've always been 6'1 185lbs of aggression, I just need something to keep my mind from wandering. Without healthy conflict, I'll do something stupid like go find Natalie and kill that bitch for what she did to my dad, I just feel like if I don't release some of this anger it'll make me do something stupid... Though I still have a bad feeling about that nigga Beaux, I'll leave it alone because August isn't pressed by it.... as for you ex, if you wanna link up with that nigga it's coo... I trust you." Quran said looking at me.