Sushi

Izuku Midoriya

Today was a rather dull day at school. It felt like time had decided to go on a break today and make it last as long as possible. The air was heavy and my brain felt like it was dissolving into mush.

I had finished my General Studies work earlier and now I'm in Mr. Aizawa's office grading papers. I wish it was a bit more interesting around here but with how the last few months have been, I'm also grateful for boring days like today. It takes almost dying multiple times to appreciate the subtle joy of stamping papers, huh?

I heard the door slide open and looked up to find one of my best friends standing there looking like a deer in headlights, "Hey Shinsou! What brings you to Mr. Aizawa's office?" He looked around the room as I spoke, searching for something or somebody.

Shinsou stepped inside and closed the door behind him as he spoke, "Well I was looking for Eraserhead." He seemed disappointed at finding only me here, "But I can wait for him. What are you doing? TA work?"

I nodded and held up my stamp, "I'm grading assignments. This stamp is for people who understood Mr. Aizawa's lecture yesterday. The ones who didn't get the point don't get a stamp." It seems Mr. Aizawa wants to hammer into everybody that becoming a hero is a huge responsibility and not a fun hobby. He seemed to put extra emphasis on the fact that when a hero messes up people can get hurt, "So what did you need Mr. Aizawa for? As his TA I might be able to help."

"I doubt it," Shinsou replied. His tone seemed both sarcastic and bitter as if Mr. Aizawa was more of an errand he was running than a pro hero. Shinsou looked above my head and a rare little smile appeared, "He left Sushi here?"

I followed Shinsou's line of sight and saw the tabby cat he mentioned on top of the bookshelf, "Guess so." I didn't know her name was Sushi but it's not surprising Shinsou knows the name of a cat. I looked back to Shinsou only to see he was making his way to the bookshelf.

I returned to grading papers but I could hear Shinsou cooing at Sushi behind me. I know Shinsou is a huge cat phenetic but I rarely get to see or I guess hear him being soft with a feline, "Hey if you finish early we could go on an adventure with Sushi." Shinsou said and from the sound, I could tell he was on the floor, presumably with the furry creature.

I didn't look up from my papers as I answered him, "That sounds fun and all but I doubt Mr. Aizawa would appreciate us catnapping his pet." I heard Shinsou scoff and say something to himself before the door opened again.

"Midoriya, Hitoshi, what a pair to find in my office." Mr. Aizawa closed the door as he walked in and I expected him to tell Shinsou to put the cat down but he didn't, "Are you almost finished with those essays, Midoriya?"

I looked down at the paper in my hand, Hanta Sero's, and counted the rest to give him a number, "Only two left to read." I told him. Mr. Aizawa then looked at Shinsou and I went back to reading. I'm almost certain that those two have something going on between them but I don't want to make my suspicions obvious in case it offends Mr. Aizawa. Doing anything to upset Mr. Aizawa would jeopardize my position as his TA. I instead focused on the feeling of my back burning from leaning over this desk all day. It wasn't too much pain but just enough for it to bother me.

I guess Mr. Aizawa made a motion or sign to Shinsou because the two of them left the room without exchanging words. I also noticed that Shinsou took Sushi with him, I would never dare do that. I imagine Mr. Aizawa doesn't let a lot of people hold his pets so Shinsou is brave. I finished reading the last two essays I had and stamped both of them.

Mr. Aizawa liked assignments organized alphabetically so I began doing that, careful not to give myself a papercut. Once I got a papercut doing this and it bled all over one of the papers! I had to apologize to Mr. Aizawa like my family's life was on the line. Luckily, it was Ururaka's paper so she was very understanding but I hear she threw the paper away because it was gross, not that I blame her. Bodily fluids are so gross.