The Sport's Festival

Izuku Midoriya

The Sports Festival is today! At first, I was scared about not being able to go but I was cleared and given permission to sit in the stands! Mom is coming too! Mr. Kanbaki is staying closer now but he doesn't sit next to me or bother me too much. It was hard convincing my doctors to let me go but I want to get notes on all the students of UA and I definitely want to cheer for Kacchan! Mom was also reluctant to let me go but she eventually gave in on the condition that she came with.

"You dressed yet?" Mom cracked my door but she didn't look inside, probably because she didn't know if I was dressed or not, "We have to leave in a little bit to make it on time." She said while closing the door.

"Oh um I'm ready," I said even though I know she can't hear me anymore. I looked down at my All Might shirt. It's not the most fashionable thing I guess but it's my favorite shirt. Plus it's my lucky shirt! So Kacchan should win if I'm wearing it.

I followed mom to the living room where she checked her phone and sighed, "Well, Yagi isn't going to join us. He says he got called into work because of the Sports Festival." Even as she spoke I could tell she was upset. Mr. Yagi seems to be canceling a lot more these past few weeks, I don't think I've seen him since I woke up.

"Maybe we'll see him there?" As I said that I knew there was little chance of it, especially if he was working. I hope he and mom aren't secretly fighting-adults usually hide when they're arguing, I noticed that with Mr. and Mrs. Bakugo.

Mom shrugged, "Maybe. Come on Izuku, we'd better hurry if we want to catch the opening." She was forcing herself to be happy and I decided not to press her about it, instead following her out of the door. We rarely use our car since fuel costs so much but today was a special case!

The ride wasn't that long but traffic sucked, especially as we got closer to UA. The festival is so popular! It's no surprise that people were flocking here...but mom and I get closer parking because I'm a student and Mr. Yagi even managed to research us a spot! We found our parking spot after navigating parking.

Mom unbuckled the second she turned the car off and checked her phone, "We should hurry." She said, "Mr. Kanbaki knows where we'll be sitting so we should get some food and head over there."

"Okay!" Mom smiled and I grabbed her hand, "Come on! I know where the best food stands are set up!" I had gotten a look at the map for stands before we left and knew exactly where the doughnuts I wanted were.

Mom seems to have forgotten Mr. Yagi by now and laughed with me, that's good. We hurried to pay for the doughnuts and then some drinks, "We got a seat close to the arena." Mom told me as she took the lead in the stands, "Students got priority seating."

"That's nice," I said, it's weird how mom knows exactly where to go. Man, it's super loud and crowded but at least the heat isn't that bad. I expected it to be blisteringly hot but there's a nice breeze going and the stadium is open enough that it isn't trapping heat, I should be okay.

"I hope nobody gets hurt," Mom said as she sat down. I sat beside her and we looked at the arena, "They end these festivals with a tournament-style fight, right?" She asked and I nodded excitedly.

"But they have pro-heroes to watch it," I told her and pointed to the small stage where Midnight stood, "They're supposed to stop students from getting too hurt. Plus Recovery Girl is on stand by! I'm sure everybody will be fine."