A Promise

Katsuki Bakugo

The teachers made me sit in the principal's office for a while after Deku was taken away to a hospital. He...what was that? He coughed up blood, I've only ever seen that in movies and shit and usually those people end up dead anyway. Is Deku going to die? Why did they just leave me here? Sitting in this chair? Deku's weak, he needs my help like he always does. Why am I in this chair?

"Katsuki?" Why the hell was she here? I looked up and there were my mom and dad, standing at the door. Mom was still in her work clothes, she was in a volleyball league or something, I don't really know what volleyball is. She had her purple outfit on though and the knee, ankle, and elbow stabi-I don't know what that word is.

Somebody nudged me, I stumbled and dad picked me up in his suit, he worked for some fashion place or some shit. I realized then that I was crying a little, maybe a lot, not enough. I rubbed my face and looked at mom, "Where's De-Izuku? Is he okay?"

Mom looked at dad before she spoke, "Ms Midoriya called me and said he's stable, meaning he's going to be okay. Do you want to go to the hospital? We'll head out there right now." I nodded a little and we headed to the car.

Dad strapped me in and we headed out, mom driving with dad sitting quietly in the passenger seat as usual. Mom looked weird in her volleyball jersey while driving, I've never seen her in that outside of the court so I guess she was in a hurry. Wonder why. I looked down at my hands and noticed the blood Deku coughed up on my shirt, "Deku..."

I shook my head, why do I care about that stupid nerd? He coughed up blood on my uniform, was it his quirk? He used his quirk and then immediately began coughing up that red shit. I looked out the window and pretended a shadow man was running alongside the car until the car stopped.

I looked up and noticed we had arrived, I unbuckled and got out. I headed to the door of the hospital and turned, waiting for my parents to catch up before we headed in again. I didn't know where Deku was so I had to have mom lead me, dad wasn't really good at that either so we both just followed mom. We went into some stupid ass hallway with cartoon animals all over the walls, the kid area I guess.

Mom stopped outside a door before knocking gently, "Inko?" That was Deku's mom's name. I've never seen or heard of his dad and mom made me promise not to talk about it with an intense face so I knew better.

Ms Midoriya opened the door silently before nodding, "Come in...he's not awake yet but he's doing better..." She had a cloth in her hand, squeezing it as her eyes welled up in the way Deku's did.

We went inside, dad patted Ms Midoriya's shoulder while I climbed on a chair to look at Deku, he was hooked up to so much shit, like a cyborg. He's smaller than everybody else in our grade but now he looked way fuckin' smaller. It didn't make sense, what happened. I turned to mom and she understood, "Inko, what happened?" She asked.

Ms Midoriya took a deep breath, shuddering a little as she did, before speaking, "I-Izuku he just..." She sat down, "He got his quirk alright...but his body's too weak. He'll never be able to sustain his quirk no matter how much he tries. It's rare and most people they...they die from this." She began crying again and mom sat down, holding her.

I turned to Deku again, just looking at him. I...die? Deku's going to die...?

Izuku Midoriya

I was so sleepy...but everybody seems to be worried about me so maybe I should get up? I keep trying but I'm just so sleepy that I don't want to get up at all. It's warm and dark, the dark used to scare me but now it doesn't, Kacchan helped me get over it.