Lunch Break

Katsuki Bakugo

Honestly, this hero course thing sucks. Everybody in it is either lame or an absolute moron. The entire first half of the day the teacher Mr Caterpillar or whatever, tested us to expel somebody but then he expelled nobody even when I got first! Somebody should be expelled, it's bullshit. I didn't get first by just wimping around and crying for it.

After the scouring I've been stuck with four idiots who speak like they live on the internet or something, I need to ditch them before lunch so I can find Deku in peace. I don't remember their names or anything but they're all dumb fucks, the only reason they're following me is because I'm better than them. People who try and leech off of other's greatness are worse than garbage.

Even when class dismissed for lunch I couldn't lose them, Shitty Hair and Soy Sauce Face got into a fight over which Yugioh episode was best and it made me question why homicide isn't legal. As we got closer and closer to the cafeteria I began scanning the heads of the extras until I spotted the tell-tale green of my only dumb ass friend.

I turned around and the four of them stopped squabbling and pointing fingers over something, "You four need to stop fucking following me." It wasn't a suggestion but I knew they weren't going to listen.

Pikachu started first, "But Bakubro-"

"-And stop calling me that!" I debated insulting them further but lunch doesn't last forever so I ran from them and grabbed Deku's collar. He gasped for a second before calming down when he recognized me. I looked at his choker's light, green, good. It turned yellow this morning so I was a bit worried throughout the day but I didn't have to be, "Come on, nerd." He shouldn't be making me worry, I'm supposed to be focusing on being a hero.

Deku took a second to fix his already fucked up tie, honestly why can't he tie a tie? Somebody needs to teach him and it's not going to be me. When his tie was fixed Deku looked up and knitted his eyebrows together, he wasn't looking at me but behind me, "Who are they, Kacchan?" He pointed but I already knew who it was, I'm actually going to set their houses on fire.

The girl of the group gasped in a melodramatic way, "He called you Kacchan!" Raccoon Eyes, or whatever her name was, shouted and tried to get closer to Deku but I pushed her back into Shitty Hair, "Come on that nickname is too cute! Who's he? What's that on his neck? Tell us Baku Bro!" I ignored her irreliventness and grabbed Deku's wrist, heading inside. I wasn't going to get rid of these idiots was I?

Deku was obviously confused but explaining that my classmates are obsessive isn't something I want to go into right now, he seemed to understand and didn't say anything. We got into the line for lunch, I made sure to position Deku in front of me so he wasn't next to the peanut gallery behind us. After a few moments had passed Deku turned around, "So who are they?" Of course he was going to ask.

"Some idiots," I didn't want to talk about those idiots right now, they were already ruining my lunch plans. They'd better not try and sit with us, "Is your teacher aid or whatever here?" I hadn't seen that guy for a while, usually he was lurking around like an aunt on your social media pages. In middle school I used to help Deku ditch him until my mom found out and forced me to stop after a few heated words.

Deku nodded, "Yeah. His name is Mr Kanbaki," I think he's told me this before but I don't remember the names of people who don't matter, "He doesn't stick by my side like he used to. Especially because UA has Recovery Girl, he stays in the hallways when I'm in class and he says if I leave the classroom to go somewhere he'll follow me but because Recovery Girl gets all of my vitals live it's more relaxed."

"That's fucking creepy," Deku looked like he wanted to argue but dropped it like he always did. I don't think Deku can get legitimately angry, I've seen him a little frustrated but he just takes a few deep breaths and drops it. I could hear the group behind me getting wilder and quickly shepherded Deku through getting his lunch so we could go sit somewhere away from them.

When we'd gotten what I think is rice and some soup we went out to find a seat, Deku pulled on my sleeve so I followed him, "I made a friend, Kacchan!" That's not surprising, "He packs his lunch but I told him to save a seat for us so come on!" I didn't care so I followed him to a table with some purple-haired dude who had sushi sat in front of him.

"Kacchan this is Shinso," Deku said while sitting down opposite the guy, I sat next to Deku and studied this new character. Shinso or whatever his name is looks shady as hell, "Shinso this is Bakugo."

I'm going to call him Grape since his name is so forgettable, he waved a little bit after the introductions, "Hi." He then gestured towards Deku, "He called you Kacchan?" Hearing that name in anybody else's mouth drives me insane. Also, it's kind of rude considering it's just my first name.

Deku waved his arms the way he does when he gets worried and to prevent us from talking over him, "Ah! That's a childhood nickname! I call him Kacchan and he calls me Deku, Kacchan doesn't like other people using that name." The Grape didn't say anything after that and went back to eating, "Uh! Kacchan, Shinso's quirk is brainwashing. Isn't that cool?"

Brainwashing? That sounds weird as hell, I haven't seen him in the hero course so he must be one of Deku's classmates. Wonder what he's doing in general studies though not everybody wants to be a hero. Must be weird wanting to be an extra, "The hero course kind of sucks. We spent all day proving we belonged or some shit, then nobody even got kicked out so it was for nothing."

The Grape spoke even though I wasn't talking to him, "Your homeroom teacher is Aizawa, right?" He didn't wait for me to answer him before continuing, "Usually he expels his entire class. Wonder why he kept twenty whole students..."

The entire class? He said just one person though, "Your class must be amazing, Kacchan!" Deku had this sparkle in his eyes when he got excited, I don't know how he does it but it's always been there, "I hear Aizawa is the hardest to teach...have you met All Might! He's teaching here too!"

Oh right, All Might is here. Deku's always been obsessed with the guy but if he knew just how well I knew him...I think he might faint. Well, faint or literally murder me. All Might told me not to let anybody know how well we knew each other, not even Kacchan, "I think he showed up right before we left for lunch."

"You think?!" Deku seemed to take my wording personally and pulled me down to his surprisingly short level, "Kacchan you think you met the most influential person in the entire world?! You either think or you know!" He began my arm and I let him for a moment before pulling away.

"I wasn't really paying attention," Deku didn't seem happy with that answer but he won't be happy with any answer unless I tell him how great the number one hero is. I need to change the topic, "Lunch ends soon so you'd better eat!" I grabbed his milk and slammed it into his dumb face before he or the Grape could stop me.

Deku almost yelped in surprise before yelling, "Kacchan! It's spilling!" He flailed around for a little while before grabbing the milk carton, it was still dripping down his chin though. He wiped his face with his sleeve and then pouted while eating his food.

Deku's pout makes him look like this image I saw on the internet, I believe it was a Kirby with a knife. I made sure he was eating before I quickly ate my lunch, the Grape didn't speak again which was optimal. Some people don't know when it's their turn to shut the fuck up, I like people who know when to be quiet.

Honestly, the first portion of class took me out somehow. It's a lot to test your quirk over and over and still be told it's not enough. I got first but why didn't I blow everybody out of the water? I should've been the undisputed champion but everybody who ranked after wasn't too far behind either. The second half of class will probably be worse. I need to train more, why won't All Might train me more? He said to wait for the right time, why isn't that right the fuck now?!

The bell-ringing brought me back to reality, lunch is over. "Come on Deku," I pulled him up from his seat by the back of his jacket and forced people out of our way so we could get out of this room. Deku's mom asked me to make sure he was safe at school and Deku himself doesn't like crowds, I guess my job is to be Deku's escort? It's not often Ms Midoriya asks me to do something so I guess I'm forced to take this job seriously.

Besides if I do anything to make that woman unhappy more than one person will have my ass for it...