It Wasn't A Win

Bakugo Katsuki

I said goodbye to the Midoriyas when they stopped at my house, Deku looked like he wanted to say more but I got out of the car before he could. I guess now I have to explain to my parents why I didn't do what I said I would. Why...I didn't tell Deku. I guess it's mostly my pride, if I told him after I won through a half-assed battle it wouldn't feel real. There's this feeling in the pit of my stomach, it feels empty but not like hunger. It's just hallow.

The doorknob to my house felt cold, it's not winter yet but the metal stung my skin. I opened the door and the batty bitch appeared in an instant, "Katsuki! You won! Did you tell the beansprout yet?!" She looked more excited about me telling Deku instead of winning the Sports Festival, not that I won.

Dad followed her but he had this look on his face, does he know? Every time I see dad he looks like he knows more than he lets on, I feel like he's always up to something. I huffed and kicked my shoes off, "No." Mom started complaining and I tuned her out, does she think my life is a damn k-drama?! I smelled something over her nagging and asked, "Is dinner ready?" It smelled like it was cooking or done, I'm hungry.

Dad nodded and ushered mom into the dining room while she was still whining like a bitch, "Yes it is! Come on, Katsuki we made Katsudon to celebrate your win!" Meals made by mom are okay I guess, they're pretty rare though since she's always traveling though. Mom's a good cook, she taught me too so I could still eat home-cooked meals when she was gone. Cooking is super fucking irritating though so usually I just went to Deku's house.

The dining room felt warmer than the hallway, maybe because of the food? Humidity and all that shit. I sat down at my spot and looked into the bowl there, it smells good. I looked up at mom and she looked rather smug, "Well? Take a bite!" Annoying.

"Right," I picked up my chopsticks and took a small bite so if it's too hot it won't burn my tongue. Winning by Half n Half not using his quirk isn't how I wanted to win, this doesn't feel like something I should celebrate. I fought my way to the top in every single battle only for him to give up, it isn't fair. No, it's fucking stupid is what it is.

Damn, I was seriously going to do it too. I was going to tell Deku...am I just running away from it? From telling him? No, it has to be at a different time. I don't know why but it should be special somehow. Maybe I should tell him about the other thing instead, "Hey Katsuki." I looked up at dad and he looked worried, "You look like you're trying to burn a hole into the Katsudon with your eyes. What's got you thinking with such an intense expression?"

Mom's interest seemed to peak and she clapped her hands excitedly, "Is it about Izu? What happened? Are you two dating yet? Hm?"

"Obviously not you-" Dad glared and I stopped before insulting her. Jeez, this is uncomfortable, I don't feel like yelling but if I don't they'll start asking more questions. I don't want to talk about Deku and everything that's going on with him, "I didn't win. Half n Half didn't use his quirk so I didn't win with my strength, how could I tell him?"

Dad sighed and mom huffed like she does when her favorite show does something dumb, "Well if you continue to be a little bitch about it you probably never will." She said as she put food in her mouth, "I mean really. Does it matter when you tell him? It's not like feelings have a due date. Plus it's not even that big of a deal, relationships don't have to have a special moment every second. But what will you do if he dates somebody else? He is human after all."

Deku with somebody else? He would tell me if he had a crush though, right? Maybe not, I mean, I'm not telling him. This is too damn confusing, "Whatever." I didn't care about the taste anymore and just ate my katsudon as quickly as possible, "Kay I'm going to bed." I didn't look at there faces when I said that because then we'd all know I was lying.