Meeting Ururaka

Izuku Midoriya

Well, today's the day! I got my acceptance letter last week, it ended up being a video from All Might! Apparently, he's going to be teaching at UA which is why he's been in the city recently, Kacchan and I celebrated but he's been acting extra weird lately. I'm pretty sure Kacchan is training extra hard for his life at UA but I wish we talked more than just over a phone, I won't push it though because I know he's super busy.

After putting my uniform on I tried on the shoes mom bought for me, they're like dress shoes or something, like what you could wear at a wedding. As soon as I put them on I took them off. No. I'll apologize to mom for not liking the shoes later, the only shoes I like are my red tennis shoes. I know they look beaten up and dirty, I've had them since sixth grade, but I'm going to wear them anyway.

With my laces tied and my tie...knotted...I was ready! I checked my choker one more time before texting Kacchan, telling him I was ready if he was. In a few moments Kacchan had replied saying he'd pick me up in about five minutes, I'm glad we get to keep going to school together. This'll be the first time I've seen Kacchan in a week!

I headed downstairs and got an apple out of the fridge, then I went to the living room to find mom. She looked up when I entered and smiled, "Hi Izu. All ready for your first day?" She asked, standing up from the couch.

For some reason, Mom seemed...sad? I smiled a little and nodded, "Yep! Kacchan and I are going to go together too. I'm a little worried about taking the metro but it'll be fine."

"Yeah," Mom hugged me, it was tighter than she usually hugs me, why is mom sad? I hugged her back, not as tightly though, "Well, you have your phone if you need to call me or use it for directions. I'm...proud of you." She pushed my bangs up and kissed my forehead, she rarely does this, "Sorry Izu, I learned something sad recently. I love you so much."

"I...love you too, Mom," I'm sure she'll tell me what she's upset about when she's ready, "I'll be back soon! Bye." Mom let go of me and I headed outside, hurrying because I knew Kacchan was probably already there.

As soon as I got outside somebody pulled me forward, I knew it was Kacchan before I saw his face. He was checking my choker again, "Ready to go, nerd?" He asked and let me go, shoving his hands into his pockets.

I took a second to fix my shirt and tie before nodding, "Yeah. Kacchan, where's your tie? I thought it was part of the uniform?" Kacchan also had two of his buttons undone and his pants weren't ironed at all, he looked so unkempt which is weird because he has the cleanest bedroom I've ever seen.

Kacchan shrugged, walking away with me following, "I didn't like it. My mom made me wear it for the school photos and shit but after that, I burned it." Even if he's been weird, Kacchan is still Kacchan. I guess he just doesn't like things around his neck, I can understand that. My choker sometimes rubs against my skin but it isn't something I can take off or burn.

When we got to the train station Kacchan left me to get us tickets, I found a bench and sat while he did that. Kacchan came back a little while later and handed me a small white paper, "If you lose that you die." He told me.

Always so dramatic, I nodded instead of disagreeing with him. Disagreeing with Kacchan just isn't good for my health. We walked together for a moment but both of us kept bumping into others, it's so busy! Kacchan pulled me closer by my hand, "If you let go of me you'll get lost and die." He said and took the lead.

"Kacchan that's embarrassing," I mumbled, staring at the ground so people wouldn't see my face. Kacchan has been on trains a lot because his parents travel for work, I trust him to get us on the right train for school but why does he have to hold my hand?