Ka-Bear

Bakugo Katsuki

UA has decided to hold its annual Sports Festival despite the break-in at the USJ. We just found out today and now All Might wants to work even harder. I don't mind training, I like getting stronger, I just want to know the second Deku wakes up and that will become harder if I'm always away. I set his mom's and my mom's numbers to always ring when they text or call me so they can tell me immediately but it still sucks, plus if it happens in class Aizawa Sensei will have my ass. Maybe the excitement of a Sports Festival will shock him into waking up? I could try that.

Also, that bear. The second I saw it I felt...weird. He still has it and that's amazing, it's seen better days for sure but I did give it to him over ten years ago. It was on his pillow so I can assume he keeps it close at night, to be honest, I'd almost forgotten about it. I had picked it out as a kid in the store because it reminded me of Deku, the heart in the middle sealed it for me. When he wakes up I'm going to give it to him again, maybe it'll remind him of our promise and he'll stop going into comas or something.

"Oi BakuBro!" Oh this guy, I remember his name Shitty Hair is Kirishima. I don't remember the others though, "Are you ready for the Sports Festival! We're finally going to use our quirks without restraint!"

"There's some restraint you fucking idiot," I looked at him and then away again. It's fucking weird that Deku and I are the only ones who know things about UA, you'd think students would research their schools before enrolling. Whatever, "There are about three events and different rule sets for each that are designed to assist some quirks and hinder others. Each event changes which quirks they assist, the only event that's consistent is the battle royal which is the third event."

"O-Oh," Kirishima scratched the back of his head, I've noticed it's something he did when he was nervous or embarrassed, "Jeez how do you know all that? You could give a tour of UA all by yourself, you know?"

"I know about it because it's televised each year and I always..." I...always watch it with Deku, "Just Google it, you idiot." I got up and grabbed my bag, I should go and see Deku, "See you nerds tomorrow."

There was a chorus of "Bye!"s from the group that always seemed to circle around me. They're calling themselves the 'BakuSquad' or something? I gave up on stopping them the same way I did with the BakuBro shit.

I haven't had friends outside of Deku before, real friends I mean. We had those two guys when we were kids but I don't remember their names, then throughout middle school people were afraid of me and bullied him so we stuck closer then. Now...it's different. Deku's made a lot of friends and so have I, it's great but I don't want Deku to drift away even an inch. We're best friends it has to stay that way.

I reached the hospital quicker than I thought I would, I forget just how close it is. Deku was transferred so he wasn't staying in the UA wing anymore, it's further away but not by a lot I guess. I haven't walked here before so I thought it would be a longer walk than it was.

I went in and they directed me to his room on the third floor, it's been harder to squeeze in time to visit with all of the training and schoolwork but today I needed to. I'm not sure why but I felt like I absolutely had to visit him, something tells me I should. I usually hate that chick flick shit, 'destiny' and all that doesn't fucking exist you gotta make that shit yourself. People said Deku was destined to die but look at him, he refuses to die and so he doesn't. Right? And people say All Might was destined to be the best hero but he was born quirkless, he carved his spot in the world all by himself.

When I got to Deku's room I paused, I always keep it on me but I've never brought it into his hospital room. I put my bag in front of me and opened it, pulling the tattered blue teddy bear with its red heart out and then I put my bag back on. I don't know why I keep grabbing it but maybe it'll bring good luck or something.