Exam

Izuku Midoriya

Tomorrow is going to be so scary, it's all I could think about. Yesterday was pretty busy after I woke up, I could barely remember much about the villain attack or the coma but I do remember voices that seemed to bleed into the immense silence. Comas are weird, I've been in two before so this was my third but this one was my shortest. I've always been able to hear Kacchan when I'm in a coma, sometimes I hear mom and the doctors, I've never heard the other Bakugos in my comas though.

Right now Kacchan and I were studying for tomorrow, the entrance exams for UA. Mom and I talked to the school and they had agreed to let me take my exam in the hospital with a proctor there to watch me take it so now all that was left to continue Kacchan and my dream is to pass the exam and get into UA.

I felt a flick on my forehead and whined, "Pay attention, shitty nerd." Kacchan grumbled, I heard mom giggle in the corner and I huffed, "Come on you lost a few days when we could've been studying."

"I didn't ask for that," I tried not to whine but I ended up whining. Kacchan flicked my forehead again and I snatched my pencil, "I'm working! I'm doing it!" I said and quickly began answering questions on the study guide without double checking, I'm pretty confident in some of the answers but not all of them.

"Idiot," Kacchan mumbled. He grabbed my pencil and I protested as he began erasing my answers, "If you answer like that on the exam you're going to fail before we even start." Kacchan was saying as he finished erasing, he then handed the pencil back to me, "Okay now answer them again but this time do it right."

I looked at the questions again and began reading the prompts and answers, I chose carefully and double checked. I'm sure I'll do fine, it's Kacchan I'm worried about, Kacchan has more than a written exam to pass; he needed to do an exam and then a physical test. I don't know what the physical test is but only those applying for the hero course need to pass it, I wasn't sure how Kacchan was preparing for it though.

"Good job, shitty nerd," Kacchan said after I finished and he had looked it over. Kacchan is the smarter person I know, I'm pretty good at taking my own notes and studying them but other people's notes are a nightmare. Kacchan knows how to word things for me though and that's probably why my grades are so high, I just can't understand how some things are worded.

The two of us settled into studying, asking each other questions a few times but mostly we just quietly looked over our own papers. I felt myself grow a little anxious as I continued working, I couldn't stop thinking about the physical exam, "Kacchan?" I looked at the ash blonde and he had an eyebrow raised in question, "Are you ready for the physical exam?" I asked, "I-I know you probably are but..."

"I'm fine," Kacchan replied, he began working on his paper again and waited a moment before he opened his mouth again, "I've been training in my own way." He said vaguely. I didn't press the issue and we slipped back into a comfortable silence for a few more minutes, "It's getting late, Deku. I gotta go or my mom's gonna be pissed."

I checked the time and realized I had kept Kacchan too late, I feel so bad now, "Okay, make sure you rest." Kacchan is very consistent about going to bed at 8:32 sharp but I thought I should remind him, "You'll do better if you sleep well." Kacchan rolled his eyes and I smiled the best I could, the plastic tube thing around my face and in my nostrils made moving my face awkward.

Kacchan put a hand on my head and squeezed, I immediately swatted his hand away, "I know, dummy." He put his things in his bag which he then slung over his shoulder, "Alright. Sleep well, pass the exam, bye." The sudden exit was weird but I just waved and let him go.

Kacchan was...different. He's been acting differently towards me since I woke up, all yesterday and today he's been a lot different. I hope it'll work out, I want us to be okay, he's just been...so different? I need a new word for it, I'm pretty sure Kacchan is drifting in a lot of complicated emotions that I don't and can't understand just yet. I hope I can understand him again soon, I don't like not knowing what he's thinking.