Visitation

Izuku Midoriya

Things were getting better, I was able to walk short distances and eat solid food again, but my mom still wouldn't tell me what was happening to me. I know something serious has to be going on, why else would a doctor talk to my mom and not me? I want to know, I think I have the right to know too.

"Izuku," Mom opened the door to my hospital room just as I was sitting down, physical therapy makes me super duper tired, "You have some friends who want to visit."

"Oh?" If it was Kacchan mom wouldn't be the one telling me this because he just walks in, "Who is it?" I can probably guess that Ururaka will visit, she texted me saying she would. Maybe Shinso, I can't think of anybody else though?

"Oh uh..." Mom's face tinted pink and she laughed a little, "Well I forgot their names but I've never met them before." That makes sense, mom only ever knew my elementary school friends since I didn't have middle school friends, I've only kept in contact with Kacchan-I don't even remember the names of my other friends.

Mom opened the door further and a few people entered, the first being Ururaka. I grinned and she ran over and gave me one of her hugs, she's a really good hugger, "If you ever do this again I'll cry!" She shouted.

"I-It wasn't on purpose!" I replied and she only hugged me tighter, "A-Ah Ururaka I-I can't breathe."

"Oh oops," She relaxed and stepped back, "Tsu wanted to visit too!" She moved and right there were Tsu and some other people. Shinso, of course, Todoroki, and Iida! Except for Shinso I've never seen these guys in anything except their school uniforms. It was cool seeing their casual styles but they kept to the aesthetics I'd pegged them for.

"Hi Midoriya," Tsu smiled and held something out, oh a gift! She set it beside me and I picked it up, "It's not much but I got it for you, kerro."

I never minded how expensive or gimmicky a gift is, a gift is a gift and it's thoughtful no matter what it is. Inside the gift bag was a small box that I opened to find a phone charm of the moon, "I love it, Tsu. Thanks so much." I smiled at her and she seemed happy. I got my phone out and attached the charm while thinking, "I didn't think Todoroki would come..." Wait crap, "D-Did I say that out loud?"

"It's fine," Todoroki's voice is so deep! That surprised me, I haven't heard him talk a lot. Only when answering questions in class, "I wouldn't have except I had to carry you to Recovery Girl and then Bakugo wouldn't fully answer my questions. I ended up with blood all over my costume, Tsu told me you had an illness but even she didn't know what it was. So I wanted to know what it was."

"I-I'm super sorry about the costume!" Todoroki ignored that, now I feel bad. His hero costume is white, I must have stained it. Oh God how embarrassing. Maybe I should buy him something as an apology?

Iida began robot chopping his arms which made Shinso move far away from him, Shinso hates sudden movement, "I also wish to know!" He shouted, "I was very concerned when you became unresponsive! As Class Rep, and as your friend, I wish to know how best to assist you in the future!" Iida yells a lot, he's like Kacchan, but Iida isn't angry when he yells that's just his voice's natural volume I guess.

"O-Okay I-I can answer that just um don't tell anybody else," After I made them all promise not to let my secret out I began to explain my illness in simple terms, "Basically-um, I'm not quirkless." Tsu croaked and I remembered when I'd told her I was back on the ship, "So what happened was in kindergarten I got my quirk like everybody else but my body can't handle it so I ended up in the hospital. I can't use my quirk and having it weakens me and so...things like a temperature change can cause problems," I shifted a little as I remembered the other add on of the diagnoses, "I'm actually about four years past when I was expected to die..." I realized the mood shifted so I moved my shirt's collar down to show them my black choker to try and make them forget that, "Also this usually beeps or goes off to tell me I'm in danger of an episode and will contact emergency personnel when I do. But...um I turned it off during the attack to try and alert Recovery Girl."