Rory POV

6: 47 a.m

There was a knock .

"Rory? ....Rory Darling?"

" Yes Mrs.Lucy?" I croaked out half asleep.

"Up my love , It's almost 7 " she spoke up , her warm voice resembling that of a mother except this wasn't my mother but I always imagined if I did have a mother it would probably be the closest to this.

"Aye Aye , I'm up" I answered looking to my left to confirm the time being displayed on my alarm, and she was indeed correct.

"I prepared breakfast, when your ready I'll be in the living room" and with that, she left.

Sighing I got up still tired and made my way over to my bathroom to brush my teeth. Looking in the mirror was my reflection, my very tired-looking reflection.

It was my first day of year 13, my last year before I go off to college, if I were to use one word to describe how I felt; neutral would just about sum it up,  my high school life was far from the high school dream .I don't have a best friend or any close friends, just Associates who I talk to now and then, it doesn't bother me at all actually, however, It kinda sucks realizing I missed out on what's supposed to be my best years that's why I plan to change that in college....maybe.

Turning off the tap, I got dressed and made my way downstairs where breakfast was indeed already made and Mrs.Lucy sitting in the living room .Not feeling the urge to eat I placed it in the fridge deciding I'd eat it later.

"Mrs. Lucy? , I'm ready, where are the keys?" I said walking over to help her up.

"Kitchen counter darling" she answered.

Grabbing the keys we left.

The drive was peaceful as usual, I enjoyed the morning chills and that burning sensation of inhaling the cold air. Even though I'm 17 and got my own car last year I still ask Mrs. Lucy to drop me to school, as to drive I would still need an adult beside me, so why not just have one drive me instead.

7: 20 a.m

Walking past the freshly painted Royal Blue gates ,  I couldn't help but noticing the new benches that were added and the obviously freshly cut grass , where was all this the past 4 years I've been here when I had to struggle to find a seat after school to wait for Mrs Lucy, no longer wanting to reminisce on my younger days I continued my walk to my class .

As expected the class was practically empty except for some guy I recognized from my Bio class last year. Walking over and choosing a seat close to the front I sat down and plugged in my earphones resting my head on the desk ,classes wouldn't start for a while .

7:40 a.m

"Alright Class , I'm  Mr. Murphy as most of you would probably know , I teach History-", everyone's eyes shifted to the door including Mr Murphy to see the late commer , I didn't recognise him strangely , but with just  that nonchalant  look on his face you could see it spell trouble and I already made a mental note to avoid him .

"Take a seat Sir " Mr Murphy directed him , "As I was saying , I teach History and I look forward to being your homeroom teacher this year , and as much I would love to get to know you all , unfortunately I have to cut our session short as I'm needed in the Auditorium " he informed while packing  the few things he walked in with.

"Remember classes start at 8:20 , stay quiet and I'll see you all at the end of your classes " and with that he left.

The class immediately  errupted in chatter  , looking at my phone to check the time ,it was currently 7: 47 which meant we  had a good while before classes and I took that as my que to rest my head down till then.

"AY , AYY- " there was a loud crashing sound followed by laughter . I think I landed in the worst class , the classes on the other side of the school could probably hear us and I didn't plan on getting any demerits on the first day.

"Guys , there's a class next door , maybe turn it down a bit  , we're seniors  not  year 7's " I spoke up as loud as I could catching everyone's attention , " and you guys know the teachers aren't gonna be as lenient with punishments as they are with the lowers" I finished making eye contact with mainly Mr troublemaker.

Everyone was quiet probably knowing I was right,  until somebody decided to speak up " That's nice but who asked you for the speech my guy?" . I knew him from year 7 , and   knowing Shawn he was just looking to pick a fight,  and I wasn't gonna entertain him .

Sighing I put my head back down and simply  plugged in  my earbuds signaling for them to continue , I tried.

Not even 2 minutes in , Mrs. Willow from the class next door was standing furiously  infront of the class , silence now echoing around the room .

" Now gentlemen , this is most certainly not the behaviour I expect from Year 13's ,  I'm pretty sure classes across the hall could hear you-"

"Excuse me Miss" a voice spoke up causing every head to turn. If it wasn't the red head late commer . I mentally rolled my eyes , " -Rory over there was trying to get everyone to be quiet  , but Shawn said and I quote  That's nice but who asked my guy" he imitated in a very inaccurate voice . It was funny I must admit and most certainly unexpected but from the way he kept his eyes on Shawn , Smirking  it was clear  he add other intentions than just being honest , figured.

" And what was your contribution to the factor Sir?" she bounced back at him.

Ha.

"Um , to be honest miss , ... I did contribute to the noise but you know what they say, any contribution is good contribution " he shrugged,    that stupid smirk  tugging at his lips.

"Is that so? Then we'll just see how much contribution the principal would like to add as well " she hissed
" And where is your teacher? "

" He's helping in the Auditorium "  someone replied

"Now he left you all to help your fellow schoolmates and this is how you respond ?"

I could honestly care less about "schoolmates" but go off  I guess.

"There's only 2 minutes left before classes and now I've wasted my time on students that should know better instead of with my class " she hissed.

"Expect that talk with the principal " and with that she left.

Fucking pain in the ass.

Not wanting to be here any longer I took up my bag and walked out the class , I don't care if I have to stand outside someone's class for 2 minutes  , I honestly hate my classmates.

Besides Mr Red Head being in like 4 of my classes , the day went by  pretty smooth and I actually was in a pretty decent mood heading back to evening dismissals.

The school day was officially over and I was currently sitting at my usual spot  waitung for Ms Lucy . The evening breeze felt so refreshin-

3:45 p.m

"Hey  officer " I felt someone tap my shoulder.

Turning around I was greeted with that damn smirk.

"Can I help you?" I replied .

"Nah" he answered taking a seat beside me .

If he doesn't back up I swear to God-

" Who you waiting on? "

"My aunt " I replied turning my head away from him and taking out my phone.

Several minutes pass and this Strawberry Ass looking Shortcake was still beside me , what the hell does he want??

As if reading my mind he spoke up "I'm Josh by the way" he offered a smile.

"...Rory " I stated trying to offer back a small smile but I'm pretty sure he could tell it was forced.

"...Well it was nice making your acquaintance Officer " he got up ruffling my hair . "See you in class tomorrow yeah? " he finished picking up his bag and leaving.

What the hell was that about? Also  He went through the gates , so is he taking the bus? Then why-

There was a familiar honk and I sighed out of relief to finally see Mrs.Lucy