Rory POV

3:27 p.m

Pulling into the golf parking lot , Ember and I both got out the car  simultaneously closing the car doors.

Walking towards the modern built building  , we were greeted with an all too familiar face .

" Good evening " the young woman behind the desk who looked to be in her early twenties greeted us.

" Hi Amy " I gave a small smile.

Handing us both two white cards , we were already making our way to around the court.

This was the second time I had brought Ember and I'd like to think she actually enjoyed the sport but I knew other wise .

Walking over towards the shed we each both grabbed a  golf club followed by a ball.

" Over there looks like a good spot " she said pointing towards a tall tree with shade .

Eyeing her up and down , I continued my walk towards my usual course .

" C'mon , just one picture before you start pleaseee " she said blocking my path.

Hesitatingly I grabbed her phone , I would rather get it over with now than have her nag me while I was playing.

" Let's go " she said dragging me over towards the tree. 

3:45

" I'm done " I said handing her , her phone.

" But we've only took three ".

" Three? , You only like three , I took atleast 50!  "

" It's not my fault your bad at this Roryyy " she faked cried.

" I'm done " 

" You know when you get a girlfriend she's gonna ask you to things like these , what will you do? " she muttered trailing behind me .

Thinking it over , I've never liked anyone growing up , I used to watch shows and wonder what was so exciting about being obsessed with someone but as I grew older I envied seeing couples , not because of the intimacy but because it was like having a forever friend and despite going to an all boy's school I've had multiple girls approach me but it never once ended well , so I came to the conclusion that It was all in my head and that I didn't need a girlfriend , or friend to live happily.

" Don't need one , besides if she's anything like you I'd throw her off the nearest cliff " 

" You mean you can't get one " she snorted behind me.

" Whatever makes you sleep at night Ember "

We continued to the course and played a few rounds together but she bailed mid round saying she was tired and just videoed me the rest of the evening .

5:09 p.m

" I'm never carrying you here again " I said exiting the building .

" Alright , we can go somewhere else next time then " she smiled beside me to which I simply rolled my eyes.

" Wait ! " she stopped dead in her tracks

" Did you forget something? "

" Hold my phone " she said pushing the phone in my hands .

I watched as she ran over to the glowing sign hanging onto the building before fawning a pose which made her neck look as if it were doing a full 360 .

" Quick take a picture before I forget this pose , not even Victoria secret  models could keep up with me " 

" The only way you would be hired by a modeling agency was if the photo-shoot theme was zoo " I said placing her phone on the ground before walking over to my car .

" Tcht " she said picking her up and dusting it off.

I wont lie , I am a little  pleased Ember forced me to leave the house , nothing could beat the blowing afternoon breeze against your face  and the strangely calming bustling of cars driving-

" Rory "

Pretending I didn't hear her I continued my thoughts

The calming bustles of the cars and the way-

"Rory!"

Exhaling  I answered " what? "

" I have an idea , how about we sneak out later? " 

I didn't even have to turn to know she was staring at me with hopeful eyes.

"No"

" When was the last time we did it? " she continued " I know I'm asking a lot today but I have exams next week  so I don't when I'll be able to visit again after this ,  besides we both know you wouldn't get in trouble even if you were caught "

"Maybe because I know how to use my freedom responsibly " I said rolling my eyes." What do we need to sneak out for in the first place?"

"A part-"

"Yeah no , I'm not going"

"You didn't even let me finish " 

 Taking  my eyes off the road for a brief second I eyed her  waiting for her to go on.

" It's a college party "

How was that even better??

Openeing my mouth to protest she cut me off

" Before you say anything it's different , you actually enjoy college parties and it's not filled with a bunch of wasted teenagers "  she trailed off.

"Stop lying"

Sighing she started up again , "Fine maybe it is filled with a bunch of wasted teenagers but they're fun wasted teenagers , please Rory we wont get this opportunity again and I promise it'll be fun " leaning back into the chair she continued " your seventeen your supposed to want to try these things out "

" And your nineteen your supposed to be convincing me to not do these stuff "

I knew  she was right I was seventeen and the crazies thing I've ever done was steal the 3d glasses when Mrs Lucy carried me to watch a movie when I was eight .

-"and I'll clean  your bedroom before I go home- "

"Fine" 

I'm starting to think maybe  I wasn't as good as saying no to her as I thought .