Josh Pov

" Who wants to go an amusement park? " Maleek suddenly suggested looking up from his phone.

It was one more week before school would start back, and Kile, Maleek and I were currently seated in my bedroom after I had invited them over for some leftovers from Mom's bakery , they loved them.

It was obvious the air was still a bit tense, but everything was pretty much back to normal.

" An Amusement park? " I replied.

" The nearest Amusement Park probably isn't like two towns down from here," Kile added .

" Yeah , but if we leave tomorrow there's also a special fireworks event over in..... " he stared down at his phone again squinting his eyes " Greenstonville , and it doesn't seem too far from  here "

" No way are my parents gonna allow that " I added, considering the possibility of it actually happening .

" But I'm sure they would allow you sleeping over at my house " he said, a cunning smirk growing on his face .

" Well yeah? But what does that have to do with what we're talking about now ? "

I received a head smack from Kile: " Sometimes I wonder how you get better grades than most of the school and are still so dumb "

" We'd lie to them Josh , tell them we're having a sleepover at each others houses and then return in the morning " Maleek explained .

" Ohhhhh, smart. " I admitted.

" I know,I know, so are you guys in? "

He already knew the answer .

" Yeah " both Kile and I agreed at the same time .

But there was a thought nudging at the back of my head.... I wanted to invite Rory .

Oh can Rory come, by the way?

I repeated the question in my head about a million times but everytime I opened my mouth to ask, I just clamped up and went back silent .

I eventually decided I would just text them later and act like it was just a random thought , there was nothing else I could do .

" Oh I invited Rory by the way " Maleek murmured without looking up from his phone .

" Oh my God " Kile sighed while rubbing his face .

" Kile... he's fun...well kinda,  but he's been hanging out with us for some time and he's cool, besides, the more, the merrier "

I wanted to agree with Maleek and defend Rory, but I didn't want to come off as defensive, so I just stared at them both and hoped, by some magic, they could read the pleading in my eyes , which they did cause as soon as Kile turned to me for my opinion he reluctantly sighed muttering a  whatever and went back to his phone .

" So it's settled then , I'll add him to our whatsapp group and text you guys the details later , we should head home and start packing "

" Yeah , me too , I'll walk you guys "

I saw both of them off and went back upstairs to pack; not even the moon and sun could express how happy I was right now " .

6:07 p.m

Sisters in Christ 🙇🏼‍♀️ ( group chat )

Maleek : yo , Im adding Rory , Kile be nice .

*  Maleek added  Rory *

Maleek : Hi Rory !

Josh : Hi Officer