Rory Pov

"You like him?"

I literally choked on my own spit.

"Excuse me?" I said quickly spinning my head around to face her .

"You like Josh don't you"

"No I don't...... Ember are you high?"

"You like him don't lie to me , Your so easy to read especially when you make those  I'm  so secretly in love with you but won't show it eyes whenever he's not looking "

" What?, I don't know what your on but I don't ok? "

"Alright  Alright , I'm just teasing , but If you did you know I don't care right?" she chided .

Even though she had on her usual joking tone , I knew she was being somewhat serious . But before I could dwell on her statement any longer Josh came from the bathroom .

It had been at least two hours since we've arrived at the gulf course and Josh had to seem to be having fun but whenever we were alone the tension was so thick you could it with a chainsaw. 

" I'll meet up with you guys around the second course in a few , I would be punished by the God of Love if I made that hot worker go home without having me in his thoughts , Bye! " she pleaded before hopping off leaving Josh and I stood in the same place.

" So uh " I said after a few seconds of silence passed " Want to like chill somewhere until she's ready? "

" Yeah sure , that works "

And so we awkwardly walked in silence until we found an vacant bench far away from everyone else under a huge willow tree .

Taking a seat , we both sat in silence , no one daring to say something first .

" You feeling any better since you know... last time ? " he finally spoke , his foot now bouncing up and down at an un-godly pace .

" Yeah , I mean I'm here obviously " I answered back sarcastically trying to lighten the mood .

"  Yeah , Right " he awkwardly laughed it off .

We sat in silence  before he spoke up again .

" You know , Um at the party " he kind of mumbled while fiddling with his fingers ".... you kissed me " .

" I DID WHAT? " my inner voice somehow managed to slip out .

"  Nooooooo " I wined burying my face in my hands . " How drunk was I? ........... Oh My God . I'm no longer a lip virgin " I said my hands now tracing over my lips .

Josh finally let out a soft but genuine laugh  . Seeing him genuinely smile for the first time today made me feel light and I found myself smiling back to myself .

" Was it atleast good? " I asked daringly trying to hide any form of embarrassment that was slowly creeping it's way to my face .

He hesitated before answering " I've had better  " he said a sarcastic tone before I pushed him harshly .

" I'm just kiddingg ! ....... it was ok I guess" he mumbled his cheeks turning slightly red .

"  Awww, are you blushing ?" I mocked him jokingly leaning forward to get a better look at his face .

" No I'm not " he muffled through his hand that he was now using to cover his face .

" Right , right  "

I was hesitant to break the comfortable air we had created but ventured on anyway .

" So , how have you been feeling?  Maleek told me you haven't answered any of their calls or text .... I was actually surprised you even glanced at mine to be honest " I let out an awkward laugh .

" Yeah " he scratched behind his head " I don't know,  I've just been in this daze and it's like my head has been blank .... so you know thanks for me inviting me out today " he smiled to himself while fidgeting with his fingers .

 I smiled  even though he wasn't looking .

" Oh and Rory um " he took in a big breath before turning to face me .
" Does this makes us , I don't know....... like b-boyfriends? "

My heart literally skipped a beat and I just stared at him trying to see if he would suddenly grow horns and a tail and this was all some cruel dream .

" You know , I was just asking . It really doesn't matter and doesn't need to mean anything- "

Not knowing what to say I leaned in connecting both our lips and he actually kissed back .

Parting for air we both looked at each other with what I thought was lust but when I leaned in again he suddenly jerked back and I snapped back to reality .

" I'm so sorry " I quickly apologized before pushing myself back to the farthest end of the bench which in reality really wasn't that far .

I stared down on my hands in confusion , I thought things were going well but I guess I went too far-

Suddenly I felt a light peck on my cheek and when I looked over Josh's face looked like it could blend in with a field of tomatoes .

I guess I was moving too fast earlier , so sliding back over I gently took his hands in mine and we just sat in a comfortable silence. 

5:26 p.m

Once Ember had finally came  back we all decided it was about time we left and that we did . Heading back we made a quick stop at a local burger joint .

 " Why can't you pay for me " Ember whined beside me

 "Because I'm already paying for Josh "

" Ok , so you would rather pay for some teenage frat boy than your own blood " she turned to Josh " no offence sugar "

 " Yeahhh pretty much " I declared .

 " I guess we'll just pretend like I'm not here then " Josh mumbled sarcastically .

" Sorry "

" Rory I really can just pay for myself you know " He tried arguing back .

" Um no ,if I don't pay for you then I'm not paying for anybody else .Ember does this all the time and I'm not falling victim for it this time "

" Fine have it your way I can tell who your priority is " she grumbled .

" What can I say I prioritize people who I actually like " I teased .

It was small but it was enough to get a reaction out of Josh which made me feel satisfied .

After ordering our food we all found a booth and sat down eating talking about any and everything that came to our minds . It was actually really fun .

" Sorry to have to dine and dash but I'm leaving first , I'm going to meet up with Maleek and Kile  cool? " Josh suddenly announced gathering all his garbage while staring down at his phone .

I felt sad having him leave but played it off " Yeah that's totally cool, try not to get lost before you reach there "

Standing up he looked down on me before letting out the cutest laugh while ruffling my hair "I'll try  . Bye Rory , Bye Ember " 

" Bye Frat Boy! " Ember shouted as he walked through the exit .

Fixing my hair I couldn't help the smile that itched at my lips .

" Oh My God , I can literally see hearts in your eyes please stop " Ember pretended to be disgusted .

" Shut the fuck up " I  warned before sailing an empty burger wrapper across the table and in her face .