Josh POV

8:04 am

" Alright class settle down,  as you all should know , today we will be electing  our Class President and Vice President " 

Suddenly the room was quiet .

" Unfortunately for you ,  I will be the one deciding this year " .

To be honest ,I didn't care too much about the whole class pres shit , even though a small part of me always hoped everyone would vote for me but even I know I'm not exactly the best option.

" For our Class President we have ...." sir said adding drum rolls " Rory Bianchi ! "

Automatically my eyes were redirected towards Rory , a look of distraught mixed with shock playing  on his face .

I didn't even realise the smile that crept up on my face.

" -Josh Gallagher " I heard my name .

Wait , why was name being called?

It didn't take long to deduct was happening based on how every head was now turned to me , a look of confusion playing on most person's face .

Locking eyes with Maleek , he looked just as confused as everyone , shifting focus my eyes were met with Rory's ;  a look I couldn't quite read on his face.

" Sir , are you sure about that? " Shawn spoke up .

" Yes Shawn,  I'm quite positive in my decision " Sir said smiling.

Me? Off all people? Was it beacuse we helped him carry over those books the other day?

I wasn't exactly sure how I felt about it , I mean having responsibilities? Over an entire class? I can't even manage having responsibilities  over  myself,  but I suppose it won't be too bad considering Rory will be there...

" Shawn if your jealous , just say that " I replied looking straight at him.

" Why don't you-"

" Alright that's  enough " Mr Murphy Interrupted. " Will everyone please give them a little clap "

It felt good to have everyone clap for you, even the one's who didn't want to.

" Thank you , Thank you " I said giving my best royal wave.

" Also , there's a  meeting  after school in the auditorium after dismissals ,you two should attend "

" But Sir , I need to get home early today " I lied.

I didn't have to get home early,  the truth was that  Maleek and I were supposed to go home together and if he leaves before me I'd have to find a way home by myself.

" Oh is that so? " he said looking down as if he was in deep thought " Is it that urgent ? I'm sure you can spare atleast ten minutes

Ugh.

3 : 45 p.m

"  Sorry bro but I can't wait on you today , I have two projects and 3
three essays to complete  " Maleek said packing his bag .

It was currently the end of dismissals and here I was trying to convince Maleek to stay back . After seeing Rory leave for the auditorium not too long ago  that guilty feeling others always talk about was suddenly crawling it's way up on me and I dreaded it.

" It's fine yeah? , It's just one meeting and I have to go , we'll talk later " I gave up .

" Sorry dude , Good luck on your first meeting though "he said gently patting my back and with that he was out the door.