Rory POV

Feeling the rays of the sun peeking through my curtains I was eventually forced to open my eyes , but as soon as I did I instantly regretted it .

The room was moving and I wasn't . Closing my eyes and reopening them a sharp pain instantly spread throughout my head .

" Ow ow ow " I whimpered grasping at my head .

Trying to shake it off I made an attempt to stand up but I suddenly  lost my balance stumbling over  .

Sighing I didn't make an attempt to get up , I felt like shit but I guess these are the consequemces for trying to live it up like a normal teenager

I felt thirsty so I went downstairs to get a glass of water and luckily no one was there , I didn't think I would be able to mutter even a single word.

Leaning back on the counter the memories of  last night were slowly resurfacing .

Josh was the one who carried us home .....

Shit , my car-

Feeling my pockets , a sigh of relief escaped as I found my keys right where they belonged along with my phone . Making sure my car was ok I walked to towards the window and saw it parked outside of our gates .

I knew I wouldn't be hearing the end of Josh at school tomorrow but still I was grateful for what he did , maybe he isn't a complete douche all the time .

Taking out my phone , I put aside my pride and sent him a quick text saying thank you .

Josh : Am I reading this right? Are you still drunk?🤔

That was fast.

Smiling at his obvious banter  , I put my phone down and made my way back up to Ember .

All this wouldn't have happened if I just had the will power to say no to her.

Opening my door , there she was a towel rapped around her , obvious she had just showered.

" Ember ..." I trailed off in a serious tone.

" Rory....." she mockingly repeated .

" This isn't funny Ember,  do you know what could've happened if someone didn't take us home last night ? "

" Thank the heavens  there's still good people on this earth huh? "

" You think this some sort of joke? " I let out a dry laugh , " you left me as soon as we were at the party. "

" I didn't mean no harm ...your 17 Rory, your more responsible than me , I trusted you " she argued back.

" Trusted? I could've been dead by now Ember , not only that but now I have a debt to repay to the guy who carried us home , I don't even know if I was drugged or if I'm even fully alright .... you should go home I'm not in the mood today "

I knew she was hurt just by the look on her face but I didn't feel any sortof remorse this time.

" Your right , I'm sorry , I'll clean your room before I go , I promised . " she tried to offer a smile but I wasn't going to return it .

" There's pain killers in the cabinet , I'm going to go take a shower down stairs. " I said closing the door behind me .