Rory POV

Josh hasn't made eye contact with me or even exchanged a word to me the whole day , when I tried to talk to him this morning he just simply shrugged me off   , at first I came to the conclusion that it must be his hangover from last night but when Kile showed up to tell us that the bus would be leaving in 10 mins he was back to his usual self smiling  ...except you could tell the smile didn't quite reach his eyes.

During the entirety of  the  bus ride he had this look of  distance  plastered on his face , only giving a brief laugh  when kile would  nudge him after telling a joke  ,even when Maleek  mentioned  him ditching the party early last night  he didn't even so much as reply .

Around 4 p.m when we finally arrived on school grounds, everyone was currently waiting for their ride to pick them up, Josh was  stood  on the inner corner of the gates looking off into space , ignoring the cold bumps that were currently forming on my skin due to the cold  afternoon breeze I cautiously  made my way over to  his side .

"You have a ride going home right? " I said extending my hand over to touch his shoulder, but catching sight of it, he jerked back slightly before putting on an obviously fake smile  .

"Yeah , my mom should be here soon"

"Oh , Um Josh Are you good? You've been quiet , definitely not complaining though " I questioned with a dry laugh.

"Yeah , I'm good " he stated offering another fake smile .

"Cool"

There was a brief silence drifting through the air before I decided to speak up.

"How was the party? I only remember arriving, to be honest" I said meeting his eyes and offering a small smile  but he only visibly tensed and instantly shifted his eyes to his hands .

what was up with him?

"Um , it was alright,  I left early ...felt sick after a few drinks " he said, not meeting my eyes.

"Your lying" I finally decided on speaking my mind ,
He looked up  baffled for a brief second before  the same distant look formed, avoiding  my eyes once more.

"Josh- " I began but there was a loud beep that I recognized a little too well , it was Mrs. Lucy. Sighing I  left him there ,I hated not knowing what was wrong with him or seeing him sad but if he didn't want to talk about it that was his problem .

On the drive home my head space was  filled to capacity with thoughts on Josh.  Why was he suddenly acting like this? , Was it me ? When did he-

Oh shit .

" Mrs Lucy , c-could you um drop me off at Josh's house? I-I forgot I left my phone with him and I need it back like now " I managed to mutter out , my hands and feet suddenly not being able to keep still.

" Sure  hun , don't stay too long  and remember to text your father when you get back your phone " She offered a smiled in the rare view mirror to which I forced a smile back .

If only she knew . Josh had started acting funny after the party yesterday , I was so bat shit drunk I don't even remember reaching home but If it's what I think happened then I will literally kill myself . Off course it was the one thing I was fucking worried might happen , happen .

I could feel my heart beating at an un-godly like rate and without even realizing my hands were shaking  ferociously , at this rate I would pass out before even reaching his house ,so trying to calm myself down I made up all the possible different scenarios as to why Josh was ACTUALLY mad , I mean it's Josh , he probably got rejected by a girl or something ....Yeah.

" Text me when your ready and don't stay too late  ok? " Miss Lucy reassured me before leaving .

" I know , bye love you " I managed to fake another smile and with that she was gone .