Rory POV

" Why were you pretending to sleep " Miss Lucy questioned .

" I don't know,  I just didn't feel like talking I guess "

" He seems like such a sweet boy " she smiled.

" Yeah "

Putting down the knife , she gave me her full attention " Go up and take a shower , your dad  will soon be here "

Nodding , I climbed the stairs to my room and  was already stepping foot into my shower.

Thinking back to today I was still unsure as to how I was picked , and worst with Josh , not only did that redhead giraffe leave the meeting early with a pathetic excuse but he has the audacity to make me feel guilty for being cold towards him.

Why do I feel guilty?

For some reason when he said he doesn't  think I like him my heart kind of sank .... I won't lie , I did feel bad but Josh has been nothing but a nuisance and normally anyone trying to get close to me would've already thought I wasn't interested due to my lack of enthusiasm but I don't think he's grasped the hint .

To be honest I didn't know if I wanted him the get the hint but at the same time him just leaving me alone would be alot easier.

Hearing the familiar roar of a certain vehicle,  I quickly grabbed my towel and hurriedly dragged whatever clothes was closest .

" Dad " I smiled , my mood suddenly improving .

Stepping out the vechile I was greeted with a pat on the back .

" Get the things in the back? " I questioned following our usual routine.

" That would be great " he smiled also stepping forward to help.

After many trips and a little help from  from our gardener  , we were currently in the kitchen .

" Soo what are we making tonight ? " I beamed leaning on the counter.

It was our usual thing to make a special meal together every Friday and without realizing it was something I looked forward to every week .

" Here's a good idea , How about you let me wash up first ? " he teased making his way upstairs .

Automatically taking out my phone there was a notification saying I got a message from an unknown number .

******* : Hi Rory:)

Rory      : Who is this?

******* : No one

Rory      : Ok no one

Rory     : how'd you get my number ?

******  : I have my ways 😌

Rory     : I'm blocking you.

******  : Waitttt

******  : It's Josh😏

Rory.    : An even better reason to
                block you .

******  : Think my dear friend ,
              we would've exchanged 
               contacts sooner or later
               now that we're the
               presidents

He was right but I didn't have time for him right now .

" That was fast " I stated to dad who was now dressed  in his usual comfy attire.

Giving a hearty laugh he replied whilst pointing towards the stairs " I can go back and take longer if you insist  "

Walking over and pushing him towards the stove to which he simply abided  I answered " Stop twisting my words "

Laughing he turned on the stove and placed a pot of water to boil.

Following our usual routine  , Dad prepared the sauce while I prepared the toppings and pizza dough .

" Alright " I said placing the pizza in the oven " Now we wait "

" I'll be right back " he said ruffling my hair before leaving to go upstairs .

Walking to the living room , I plopped myself on the couch and without realizing I was already taking out my phone , there was now 3 new messages but this time I recognized one of them.

Ember : U gonna be home
                 tomorrow?

Rory    : Yeah

Ember was my cousin who was two years older than me , she was the only family I had contact with on my mom's side . I didn't know much about my mom except her name and that she left on her own will , but that was enough for me to find Ember when I was around 13 , eventually Dad found out and was against it but Ember would still sneak out and come over , to say she was , and still is the worst influence out there would be an understatement , but that's how we became close and my life would probably be way worse without her not that I would ever tell her that .

10: 30 a.m

" Roryyy" I heard the familiar voice shout whisper before I felt a weight on me all of a sudden.

Groaning I pushed her off me to which she just repeated her actions .

" Get up , its Saturday " she sang .

I regret giving her my spare key every day .

" Im not finished sleeping " I said pushing her more roughly this time and turning my back.

" It's 10:30 "

" And I said Im not finished sleeping ".

There was a brief silence and I slowly started drifting back to sleep thinking she finallly gave up .

" MRS LUCYYY RORY SAID HE'S NOT GETTING UP AND EVEN YOU CANT TELL HI- " I interrupted her by giving her one hard kick in her back sending her flying off my bed once more

" Fucking Bitch " she groaned .

Satisfied,  I got up and made my way to my bathroom to brush my teeth knowing she wouldn't end until I was up.

" Your a fucking dope ,you know that? " she trailed behind me.

Ignoring her I continued brushing my teeth .

" I still win anyways " she said smiling, " Let's go gulfing today yeah? "

Not wanting to particulary leave the house today I said the first thing that came to mind  " Dad won't let me use the car " .

" Oh Please- I know your lying  "

" We dont have a drive " I argued back inbetween brushing my teeth.

"What am I then? "

" An idiot , besides you just want to take pictures  "

"EXACTLY, and you enjoy gulfing so it's a win win! "

Thinking it over , I had nothing  important doing today and I hadn't cleaned up on my gulf in a while , I suppose it It wouldn't be too bad.

Sighing I agreed,  " Fine-" but before I knew it I was being squeezed before  feeling a cold slobery wet kiss on my cheek.

" Bro , gross " I said pushing her for what it seems like the 5th time this morning .

"I'm gonna say hi to miss Lucy and be back" she said leaving through the door .

She and Miss Lucy also became close over the years.

" Fucking nuisance,  she and Josh would be perfect for eachother " .