Chapter 4: Will You Abandoned Me?

"Heavyyyyyyyy....."

Cale grumped as she threw the last bag of bread near the other bags.

She sighed exhaustedly.

There were 4 bags of bread near the tree. She only planning on buying two bags of bread, however, since she wanted the Indestructible Shield faster, she bought twice the amount that she planned.

Just because of that, her shoulders and knees were both sore from walking and lifting the bags from the bakery to the man-eating tree serval times.

She can only buy a spatial bag, however it didn't even crossed her mind untill now.

Without waiting any moment, Cale took the first bag of the bread then poured the fill into the hole under the tree.

Swisssssh

The darkness inside the hole was slowly turning from grey to white. Cale started to smile, thinking that all her efforts were not for naught. It was at that moment.

-More, more, more!

'What?'

Cale flinched and stepped backward at the voice that now turned into a shriek. She even almost stumbled on the ground.

-More, more! I will give you a present if you bring me more. A present.

Present.

That word made Cale's eyes start to sparkle. Although she didn't expect the soul to go crazy like this, the end was near. She knew that for sure.

Cale, without hesitation, poured the remaining bread that she brought into the used-to-be black hole.

It took Cale 3 bags of bread for her to finally get the ancient power that she has been desired for these past days.

She smiled in satisfaction.

Swissshhhh

The man-eating tree that was black turned white. It was a mesmerizing sight to see.

Cale's eyes then shifted towards the last bag of bread that was near the tree. If she bring it home, she was sure that Beacrox will throws it away since it was not the breads that he baked himself.

'I'll give that to the people that live in these slums.'

Cale lifted the last bag then walked out of the man-eating tree territory.

Her eyes started to look around, searching for the pair of children that she had been feeding for these past days.

When her reddish-brown eyes finally meet the two pair golden eyes, she smiled. They were sitting in the corner.

Cale leisurely walked towards them then joined them to sit. It made they flinched but didn't say a single word.

"Here."

Cale handed both of them a bread that she took from the bag. She also took one for herself.

"Eat a lot. I still have plenty."

The children smiled then immediately stuffed the bread in their mouths. They hummed happily as they eat. It was a cute sight to see. That was why Cale was smiling.

"Noona."

The red-haired child called Cale as he tugged Cale's dress. Cale's eyes shifted towards him.

"Look," the red-haired child said as he pointed his finger at the people that were watching them.

Cale raised her brows when her eyes finally laid on the people that were peaking towards them. There were 6 total of them. 3 children and 3 adults.