Chapter 17: Silver Shield(2)

“His Majesty, King Zed Crossman, the sun of the Roan Kingdom, is now entering!”

King Zed was slowly heading toward the plaza from far off in the distance.

The fanfare for the king was still very loud. King Zed passed through the plaza entrance and headed to the highest platform.

Cale looked at the clock again.

The current time was 8:58 am.

The King lifted up his hand, and the cheers slowly died down. Finally, once the plaza was completely quiet, the king started to speak.

“It has already been 30 years since this king has received the blessing of the sun to rule over this kingdom.”

The king seemed very happy. Unfortunately, it was now 9 am.

“Huh?”

Cale could hear Eric's confused voice.

"What is that?”

Cale then heard Taylor’s anxious voice. Cale leisurely raised her head to look at the top of the Bell Tower.

Cale started to smile then looked at the king who was shouting at the people who were on top of the Bell Tower.

Redika and his gang.

“Who are you?!”

Meanwhile, everyone was panicking, Cale was sighing in relief. Thankfully, there no one around her heard she sighed.

‘I was worried this would be different than the novel as well.’

If Redika did not show up, she would have needed the Black Dragon to reverse the flow of mana coming to the mana bombs in order to locate the hidden Redika, and allow Choi Han to kill him.

Cale was relieved that she would not need to do that. However, her relief soon had been interrupted by Redika's chilling voice that sounded like metal screeching against one another.

"Should be fun.”

Then, the red mana shot out to different spots in the plaza.

That moment was exactly 9:01 am.

Oooooooooong-

A vibration started from underneath the Bell Tower.

Cale knows at that moment the mana disturbance that she had planted under the Bell Tower started to work.

Beeeeeeep-

Magic devices started to go off in multiple locations. The red mana that was flying toward the detonation devices inside the magic bombs suddenly lost strength and started to spin aimlessly in position.

It was the result of the mana disturbance.

Then, it happened inside the plaza as well.

Beeeeeeeep-

Four spots started to ring in the plaza.

“Found it.”

It was the bombs.

Cale then rolled her eyes to look at Choi Han. She could see Choi Han ripping off the person’s necklace.