Chapter 27: What the Fuck(4)

The nighttime finally came which meant, it was time for her to go out and handle the whirlpools.

"If Beacrox comes in, tell him I went out with Emma. Could you guys do it?"

Cale who was on the terrace and was ready to float away with the help of the invisible black dragon looked at the kittens then Emma who was sleeping and was been placed inside the closest.

Cale had told the black dragon to put Emma in an illusion to show that they were roaming together near the ocean. With that, Beacrox will not suspect anything even if she disappeared.

"Okay!"

The kittens cheerfully answered.

"Let's go."

At that moment, Cale suddenly floated and then disappeared into the thin air. The black dragon had already cast an invisible spell on her so that they can easily move.

As soon as Cale arrived at one of the islands that she planned on putting some whirlpools around it, Cale suddenly frowned.

'What a good coincidence.'

Cale sighed.

She saw how fast Toonka was swimming towards her.

"I smell a strong person!" He said while laughing like a lunatic, a really unpleasant thing to see.

However, as soon as he saw Cale, he stopped and then looked at Cale with his eyes wide open and jaw dropped.

"What?!" Cale annoyingly asked. Her forehead was wrinkled.

"What are you, a weak young lady doing here in the middle of the night?!"

Toonka's speed of swimming gets even faster which scared the fuck out of Cale.

She wanted to run but he knew that Toonka will make a fuss out of it if she suddenly disappeared. Toonka was a mage slayer so if he saw Cale was using magic, she might be killed by him which is impossible since she had the black dragon with her or perhaps even worse he will not sell the magic tower to her.

"...How did you get here?"

Toonka who was now in front of Cale looked at Cale. His voice sounded deep and low as he spoke just like he was holding back himself.

Cale started to step backward, trying to keep her distance between herself and Toonka. She knew that Toonka was holding back from attacking her because Toonka was not a stupid man. He knew the only way to move around freely without any transportation was using magic and Toonka hates mages.

However....

Cale smirked.

She knew how to make Toonka listen to her.

Ancient Power.

For a barbarian, other than physical strength, an ancient power is also one of the powers that barbarians consider a true strength, and luckily, Cale had those.

She can put Toonka in his place with her ancient powers.

Boom!

“Ugh!”

Toonka, who was not prepared, got blown away and landed in the water. A whirlpool was surrounding Toonka’s body.

“What is going on?!”

Toonka, who had a high magic resistance, found it difficult to deal with this wind. The endlessly swirling wind and water from the sea sucked Toonka in like a swamp.

Cale created whirlpools in both of her hands as she approached Toonka.

Splash. Splash.

The sound of Cale stepping into the water could be heard.