Chapter 15: Fate

Cale suddenly craving of popcorn. The drama in front of her where Taylor Stan and Cage entered the hall sent a shock to Venion was really satisfied to watch. Cale enjoyed the expression that Venion Stan made. It was really messy and funny.

Unfortunately, thinking about popcorn made Cale's mouth watering. Normally she was able to hold back her craving but since she was in her lady day, her craving worsened.

'I should ask Beacrox to make some after this.'

Cale smiled as thought about Beacrox cooking some popcorn for her.

However, her smile soon disappeared and her mood worsened after remembering that popcorn does not exist in this world, and if she tells Beacrox how to make it, Choi Han will sure suspect something about her.

'I just want to eat something with corn in it.'

Cale looked at the meals in front of her. It was no longer appetizing. All she wanted right now was to eat some corn. Unfortunately, there is no dish with corn on the table.

-Human, why are you looking so down? Wait, it is hurting again? Your belly? Don't worry, I'll warm you up!

As soon as the black dragon said that inside Cale's mind, her body suddenly felt warm which made her abdomen feel a little better. Cale smiled softly because she knew that the dragon was using his magic on her.

However, it didn't help Cale with her craving. The feeling of wanting to eat corn is getting worst.

Amiru who was sitting beside Cale noticed something wrong with her. Cale didn't even touch her food. Also her mood kept changing which was concerning. Earlier she was smiling and then now she suddenly frowned and pouted. It was cute, Amiru admitted that but she still worried about Cale.

"Is there something wrong, young lady Cale?" Amiru asked when she saw that Cale had no intention of touching her food.

"Yes, it is."

It made Amiru shock. Not only her but also Gilbert and Eric who was near Cale.

"Why is that, Cale?" Eric sounded panicked as he asked Cale. He even forgot to use proper etiquette when calling for Cale.

Cale's face turned stoic as she looked at Eric then Amiru and Gilbert. It made them subconsciously gulp.

"I–"

They wait patiently for Cale to talk.

"...craving corn so bad to the point that I want to leave this banquet just to find some."

"....."

Eric, Amiru, and Gilbert didn't know whether Cale was joking or not. However, when they looked at Cale's serious expression, they knew that Cale was telling the truth.

"Young lady Cale wants to eat corn so bad?"

Cale nodded her head at Gilbert's question.

"Yes, so bad that I want to leave right now to find some."

"I see."

Creaaak

The sound of a chair that had been moved had been heard. It was Gilbert's chair. He suddenly stood up from his seat made the nobles who were sitting at the same table as him including Cale were confused.

"Where are you going, young master Gilbert?" Eric asked.

Gilbert just smiled at Eric's question before walking away and after a few minutes, he finally came back with a servant by his side.

"Give it to young lady Cale."

The servant nodded his head and then slowly place a new dish in front of Cale.