Chapter 13: Cale's lady day(2)

Cale tried to calm herself down. Her head started to get hurts when she tried to remember of what just happened to her. Cale pinched her forehead to reduce her headache before slowly stood up from her bed.

Cale looked outside the window and saw the moon was still shining at its brightest. Her eyes that were on the moon shifted to the gun that was in her hand. After a few seconds, she made the gun disappeared into the thin air.

She then lifted both of her palm then stared at it, suddenly her right hand oozed a golden aura while her left hand oozed a black aura.

Seeing it made Cale smirk.

"Damn, that's not a dream at all."

Cale cannot hide the smirk that getting wider on her face anymore. She silently thanked the God of Death for accidentally turned her into a girl. Now she already got not one but three gifts from Gods.

"Free things are the best," Cale proudly said.

She hummed softly while making sure not to wake the children up as she changed her nightgown that was wet because of her sweat.

Groowwl

Cale rubbed her stomach that begging to be filled. She sighed then looked at the children. They were still snoring peacefully. Stealthily, Cale went out of the room then walked to the kitchen.

Cale raised her brows when she saw that the kitchen was bright because the light orb was still lit. It means someone was still there.

Cale peeked through the door and saw Beacrox was sharpening his knife. The scene that Cale just witnessed sent chills all over her small body.

'Who the hell sharpening their cooking knife in the middle of the night?'

Even though Cale's body was shivering in fear after seeing the terrifying sight, she still braved herself to enter the kitchen. She was starving. Her stomach also didn't stop growling, begging for food.

"....Beacrox."

Beacrox turned his head to looked at Cale who was slowly approaching him. Beacrox stopped what he was doing then walked towards Cale.

"Young lady Cale, why are you here at this time? You are supposed to rest since you need to attend the royal banquet tomorrow."

"I'm hungry."

Beacrox raised his brows.

"Sit there, I'll go prepare some food."

Cale leisurely walked towards the chair that Beacrox just pointed then sat.

While waiting for Beacrox to finish cooking, Cale started to hum a song. A melody that people might think was from a siren. Luckily, for Beacrox, he was the only one who was in the kitchen and experienced the voice of an angel.

Cale's soft voice filled the kitchen that was in the first place was only filled with noise that Beacrox made while cooking. Hearing Cale was softly hummed, Beacrox reduced the noise that he made.

It made Beacrox's lips started to twitch at the corner then finally a faint smile had created. He enjoyed it.

Yet, Cale has no way of seeing it since Beacrox has his back facing her and Cale also had her eyes closed.

Even it was embarrassing, Cale didn't care since she didn't want to start a conversation with Beacrox. He didn't seem bothered with Cale's voice anyway.

It was so peaceful. That was what the two people that were in the kitchen think of. For Cale, it was peaceful since she didn't have to talk with the vicious Beacrox while for Beacrox, it was peaceful because he was able to hear Cale's soft humming.