Chapter 30: Marry for what?

–You will make a great queen.

Cale's eyes widened as soon as she heard what Alver had said. Queen? She? Hell Nah! She rather dies. Cale didn't want to spend the rest of her life working as a queen. She wanted her slacker life!

".......What?"

Cale could see Alver flinch and his mouth opened and close all over again as he wanted to speak. He was speechless but after a few seconds, he finally recovered and was ready to speak again. However, before he could, Cale already beat him first.

"Are you saying that I should work for you for the rest of my life?"

Cale frowned as she subconsciously glared at Alver for wanting to ruin her slacker life.

Alver on the other line also had his forehead wrinkled. His expression seemed to be asking Cale whether she was serious or not. It was pure disbelief.

"I'm sorry, your highness but I have no intention of becoming a queen just to work by your side. My life as Henituse's firstborn child is enough for me."

Alver looked at Cale before he slowly released a very heavy sigh. He fixed his sitting posture and then brought back his serious expression.

– Just pretend that I never said that, young lady Cale.

Alver finally spoke which made Cale on the other side nod her head in satisfaction.

"I will, your highness but if I ever heard you say that again, I'll ignore you for the rest of my life."

–I understand, young lady Cale.

Alver nodded his head.

After talking for a couple of minutes more, Cale finally disconnected the communication device and then walked out of the communication room.

She then immediately went to her room with a wide smile on her face because all her needs for the trip to the Whipper Kingdom will be prepared by the crown prince. However, her smile immediately dropped when the black dragon started to speak.

"Why don't you want to become a queen, weak human? From what I had learned from smart Rosalyn, a queen is a woman ruler of a kingdom. Don't you want to rule a kingdom?"

Cale sighed as she sat on the rocking chair near the terrace. Just thinking about becoming a queen made her head hurt. She then looked at the black dragon's round blue eyes and softly smiled.

"That will be lots of work."

The black dragon immediately shook his head.

"No! Only queen regnant that will have a lot of work! But if the crown prince wants you to become a queen, doesn't that mean you have to marry him and become his queen consort?"

Cale choked on her own saliva when she heard that.

"What?"

The black dragon who did not notice Cale's shocked expression continued to speak.

"Be the crown prince's queen consort. From what I, the great and mighty dragon read from a book, the queen consort's duties are only to offer moral support to the king and attend public engagements or charity events since the kingdom's affairs are all managed by the king himself."

Cale frowned as she looked at the black dragon then sighed.

"What kind of books you have been reading?"

Cale poked the black dragon's head. The black dragon shook his body and flew on top of Cale's lap.

"The Rowoon Kingdom's history! It was good!"