Chapter 5: Venion Stan

“I guess you are leaving today."

Today was the day that Cale would leave the Henituse territory and head toward the capital.

“It doesn’t look like you are nervous.”

Cale smiled instead of responding to her father’s statement. Cale’s complexion had gotten much better in the last few days. It had no choice but to get better.

‘Since I didn’t get beaten to a pulp.’

She could also sleep well now. This was because she could feel the Indestructible Shield always surrounding her heart

"Father."

Cale looked at the breakfast spread that was fancier than ever.

"I noticed there is a maid that will also accompany me to the capital. I think there is no need since Hans and Ron are enough."

Deruth flinched. His eyes immediately went to Violan.

"Oh, that–"

"It was my decision," Violan immediately interrupted.

She didn't even look at Cale as she spoke. She was only looked at her food.

"She will only help you with your clothes and bath because that two things cannot be done by man."

Cale smiled awkwardly.

"Oh... I see."

'Damn, I forgot that I'm a girl now.'

•••••

Cale really wanted to vomit right now. Seeing the rabbit soup that were served in front of her made everything that she just ate this morning wanting to come out.

She slowly shallowed her saliva.

"Young lady-nim? Are you perhaps losing your appetite?"

The maid that her mother sent to her, Emma asked when she saw that Cale didn't even touch the soup that were cooked by Beacrox, her personal chef.

The soup was pretty good though.

"No. Just, I'm not a fan of rabbits."

'I'll eat anything aside of rabbit that Ron caught while laughing!'

Cale didn't say it out loud since Ron was standing near her with a benign smile on his face. She doesn't want to die just yet.

"Oh. This Ron forgot that the young lady didn't eat something if it's not the highest quality ingredients. I'll tell my son to prepare some steak."

Cale only nodded her head then looked at the kittens that were slowly approaching her then sits on her lap.

"Meowww"

"Meooooowww"

They meowed. They seem to be asking for food.

Cale smiled softly then gently patted their head.

"If you hungry go and ask Hans for some food."

They meowed again and immediately went to Hans. Emma who was watching it was amazed by the cats' cleverness. Of course, she would think like that. She didn't know that On and Hong were the cat tribe. Neither her nor Hans.

"Cale-nim."

Choi Han called as he slowly approached Cale. He then sits next to Emma who was sitting across Cale.

Cale looked at him.

"Ain't you scared? Of the bandits earlier?"

"...Not really."