punishment || chapter 16

tiktok: thewalkingwattpadwriter                                                                twitter: yuhitscoco

Rosey

Here I was. Standing outside of none other than Professor Umbridge's office. The professor that has it out for me. The professor who thinks physical ways of handling things is the way to go. The one that makes Hogwarts feel less safe than it already is.

I felt Draco shift in his stance, hesitating a little, before pushing me towards the door.

I stumbled forwards, landing inside the office. A few people were already there, including: Crabbe, Goyle, the Pucey's, Pansy and Professor's Snape and Umbridge.

My eyes widened and i cursed under my breath as their attention now fell onto my figure.

Umbridge looked at me, disgust and pleasure from seeing me get caught plastered on her face.

"Well, well, well." Umbridge began, "What do we have here, Mr Malfoy and Mr Riddle?"

The mention of the two's names made Snape's head shoot up, but then his gaze met mine, his eyes widening in surprise, but I swear I saw a hint of pity engraved in them.

"Caught sneaking around the hallways, she wouldn't give us any answers, thought she'd answer to you, Professor." Malfoy said, standing tall but holding onto the back of my hoodie as a way of keeping me there.

I shuffled in my stance a little, causing Draco to pull back on my hoodie which made me stay still, my face scrunched up at the sudden force as it pulled against my throat.

She gave a high pitched giggle, "Sit down, Ms Oaks."

A hand pushed me forwards, making me go towards the small chair and sit down. A scowl formed on my face, I huffed. Little harsh.

"Now," the pink woman began, "Why were you roaming around the hallways at this late hour, Miss Oaks?"

I sighed a little, "I told them, I was just on a walk to clear my mind."

I cleared my throat and felt my face tingle and my cheeks go a light shade of red from the anxiousness of feeling everyone's eyes on me.

I looked at Umbridge who still gave me a glare.

"I don't believe you." she stated, standing up from her chair. She looked towards Snape, I followed her actions, "Severus, would you go and fetch me some Veritiserum?"

"I put it in your drawer earlier on this evening, seeing as you've been needing it a lot recently I decided to stock you up on a few." He replied, monotonously.

She hummed in approval, quickly picking up the vial of truth serum and walking towards me, making me squirm in my seat. I dug my nails into the sides of the chair, making deep nail marks in the wooden arm rests.

"Open up," she said in a sing-song voice, though this voice wasn't relaxing at all. More like a cat.

I reluctantly opened my mouth, letting her pour the serum in. I tried to just sit there, not swallowing a single drop until they went away but i know that was impossible. I slowly swallowed the sheer liquid before scrunching my face up in disgust at it.

"Well," she began, looking at me like i was her worst enemy, "did it work?" she looked up to Snape, who slowly nodded his head.

I internally groaned. How could this happen to me, of all people.