careless||chapter 1

tw: SA

Rosey

"Train arrives in 10!" shouted the Hufflepuff prefect, peering into every carriage possible.

I coughed, rubbing my eyes from my quick shut-eye, "Didn't you hear him?" I asked, raising an eyebrow, "We're arriving in 10 minutes, we should get changed." I stood up, lightly shoving Jake's head off of my shoulder.

"Alright Rose, we'll get changed in a minute." groaned Jake as his face met the seat, falling from his shoulder.

I kept my eyebrow raised and grabbed my case from above where we were sat, "I'll be back in 5," I smiled. The rest nodded at me, continuing their previous conversations. I walked down the hallway to find the nearest toilet, locking myself in. I sighed and began to take off my clothes, starting with my navy blue jumper and ending with my trousers. I hurriedly put my school uniform on due to the fact that it was freezing and the cold air was gripping onto my skin as fast as it possibly could.

Around 5 minutes later I had my full uniform on, the dark green complimenting my skin tones. I left the small cubicle, and began making my way back to my carriage that was down to the left of me. As i entered, I began listening in to the new conversation that was happening.

"Like c'mon, you know that i could beat you to it, Zabini!" Jake said, shock engraved in his voice that his fellow classmate was challenging him.

"Already making a list of who you can shag this year, boys?" I scoffed at them, pushing Jake over to make room for me to sit down.

"Oh shove off Rosey, it's not like you've shagged anyone apart from that Diggory kid," Jake joked, rubbing his arm lightly where I shoved.

"Shut it Fletcher." I mumbled and sat there, crossing my arms. Cedric Diggory was in fact, my only ex. We'd been in a relationship since second year, i was in 5th year when i saw him in a corridor by potions snogging Cho Chang. Apparently they had been doing this for over a year behind my back. He was my first kiss, first boyfriend. He ruined everything we could've had, starting with Cho Chang and ending with the terrible rumour he had made up along the way. The douche had described to his friends that he had fucked me, with that being my first. I knew this wasn't true, but the others deemed not so as they still tried to tease me about it.

The boys carried on with their strange conversation until our carriage doors slammed open and there stood a familiar figure. He ran his hands through his bleach blonde hair.

"Well hello there," he said a little too dramatically. I rolled my eyes, Draco Malfoy. He always thought he was better than everyone, just because his dad worked in the Ministry of Magic. He was Jake's brother, well step-brother, so I had to tolerate him-- slightly. He was a stuck-up brat who didn't care for anyone but himself. We made eye contact for a split second, his greyish eyes piercing into my blue ones. He quickly looked away, myself following.

"Hey, Draco!" Jake jumped up and gave him a hug, assuming it was because they hadn't seen each other in ages. Jake had told me it was because Mrs Malfoy had an affair with Jakes dad whilst Mr Malfoy was out on a "business trip", which ended up with Jake as a result— but of course Mr Malfoy has no idea of this-- otherwise things would end terribly.

They both had a huge grin on their faces, except Draco's face dropped as soon as he actually saw me. He scrunched his nose a little, "You're still friends with the mud-blood?" He looked me up and down and my face changed from happy, to angry in a matter of moments.

"When will you learn that no matter how many times you say it, it won't affect me? It's not my fault you're a stuck up little brat who can't handle people being different to him. " I questioned him, making his eyebrow raise. The carriage fell silent, Draco looked furious. He was just about to make another disgusting comment when Jake cut him off.