welcoming || chapter 18

twitter: yuhitscoco

tiktok: thewalkingwattpadwriter

Rosey

As the sunlight blared through the gaps in my curtains and my alarm clock blared like sirens into my ears, my eyes squinted in displeasure. The rays of light on a mission to completely blind me before i awoke for school. A groan fell from my lips, though my mind quickly pulled through the displeasure, it was a Friday, meaning it was the weekend tomorrow. Which also meant lie-ins. 

I rolled over to the edge of my bed and sat up, giving myself a moment for my head to stop spinning from the sudden movement. 

Once the gravity was centred around me, I walked over to my bathroom and did my business before brushing my teeth, the strong peppermint flavour causing my eyes to water the slightest. I scrubbed my teeth thoroughly and then spat the white foam into the sink where it travelled down the plug. 

Using my face wash, i quickly scrubbed my face before patting it dry, afterwards walking back out of the bathroom and over to my closet to choose my outfit today-- it was Friday after all, which meant it was out-of-uniform day. 

My eyes scanned my closet up and down, trying to pick a good outfit today. Due to it being winter the temperature had drastically dropped, and i didn't feel like freezing in my classes so I grabbed my dark grey, knitted turtleneck jumper. It was thick and was bound to keep me warm, and on the plus side it didn't itch my skin whilst i wore it. I also decided to grab a mini-pencil skirt, a pair of black stockings, my lacy, black bralette and my thick platform boots. 

I quickly threw my outfit on, shivering as i was undressed in nothing but my underwear. The cold temperature from the bottom of the Black Lake seeping into my room, making me grit my teeth as goosebumps enlaced my smooth skin. I finished doing up my boots before moving to sit on my chair at my desk. 

I pulled out my drawer, collecting my concealer, bronzer, blush, highlighter and mascara to do a small, neutral look before applying them to my face. I quickly sprayed my face with some setting spray as i checked the time to see i had 5 minutes before breakfast started. 

I brushed through my brunette curls, leaving them to fall down my back and onto my chest. I sighed as my heart thumped in my head. 

I checked myself over in the mirror, making sure my outfit looked alright, smoothing down my jumper and skirt to make sure there were no bumps in the material. 

A smile formed on my rosy cheeks as I grabbed my small, but never-ending, bag of school items that consisted of my parchment, my quill and ink, as well as some spray and a few hair bands. 

I rushed out of my dorm, noticing I had two minutes to get down to the great hall in time for breakfast. 

As soon as the door to the common room opened, I immediately dashed out of it- getting the wind knocked out of me as I crashed into a stiff, tall figure, landing on my ass. 

I let out a pained sound as my bottom hit the ice-like floor. It was as though the snow from outside had made itself at home in the hallways. 

"Shit.." the person i bumped into mumbled, "I'm so sorry, here let me help you up," his voice was deep and familiar, a large, veiny hand outstretched and was right in front of my face, I looked up to the male. 

His blonde fluffy hair fell over his forehead and partially in front of his deep blue eyes, though the dark green mixture was evident in them. His rosy lips parted as he spoke, when they rested they were placed in a small smile, kind, friendly. His shoulders weren't too broad, but weren't too small either, like the perfect mixture. His adam's apple bobbed as he spoke, it poked out a fair bit as well. His posture was straight, perfect as much as it could be. My eyes dragged down to his clothes, he was wearing a black button down shirt, the first few buttons were undone, with a pair of black dress-trousers. His attire was like one would wear if they were the CEO of a business. His shoes were shiny and polished, no marks whatsoever.