Chapter 3

Addilyn's drive to the flower shop wasn't a long one considering it was only a few blocks away from her house. She pulled into her usual spot and went up to the shop and opened it up. Just as she did so a young bubbly redhead came rushing up to her.

"Hey!" The young girl giggled as she followed Addilyn into the shop right behind her.

"Hi, Avery," Addilyn smiled at the girl and took one of the coffee cups from her, "And thank you."

Avery nodded as she took a sip from the other cup before trailing behind Addilyn to the back room. Avery Dubois, the shop's only worker. Addilyn had hired the fourteen year old for part time since the first time the girl had stepped foot into the shop she also fell in love with it. Avery had just moved to North Carolina from Paris. She had been working at the shop for three months.

"So, are you ready for school next week?" Addilyn asked her with a small smile as she set her bag down in the chair behind the desks.

Avery groaned and gave a very dramatic eye roll and collapsed in the chair right in front of the desk.

The older girl giggled softly watching her antics, "Touchy subject?"

Avery nodded and looked up at Addilyn, "I just moved here from a forgin country and know no one except for my boss and her scary roommate! So, to answer your question, no, I am not ready!" She folded her arms and leaned back in the chair.

Addilyn gave her a small smile as she sat on the desk watching her closely. Avery did have a point, she did only know her which made Addilyn pity the girl ever so slightly. But Avery was a very social girl and worked well with customers.

"Avery, I'm sure you will meet lots of new people who will quickly become your friend." Addilyn assured her.

"Do you think I'll meet my own Melanie?" She asked quietly as she sat up in the chair.

The question practically melted Addilyn's heart. The fact that her friendship with Melanie was a standard for someone made her feel an emotion stronger than happiness.

"Almost positive." Addilyn smiled at her, "Now get up and get to work!" she grinned at the girl and gestured to the door.

Avery immediately shot up from the chair grinning wildly, "You got it boss!" Not a moment later, Avery was out the door.

The blonde on the desk giggled softly before getting up from the desk leaving the office as well to go arrange different bouquet orders.

While Addilyn was packaging the bouquet orders, Melanie had been pacing in front of her dad's office trying to work up the courage to walk in.

"Melanie?" Her dads voice interrupted her thoughts, "I can hear you"

Melanie stopped where she was and looked down at her shoes. It probably wasn't the smartest idea to wear high heeled black boots. She took a breath and pushed open the door.

"Hi dad" She smiled at the man who was staring out the window with a drink in his hand.

"Hi duchess," Victor responded, turning around to look at his daughter instead of the main factory floor where the first draft of different cars were being made.

Melanie resisted the urge to roll her eyes at her childhood nickname that her mother had given her. Apparently when Melanie was younger she had an attitude problem when it came to interviews so her mom gave her a nickname that matched her high and mightiness.

"You wanted to see me?" Melanie asked as she sat down in front of the man.

Victor nodded as he watched how much his youngest resembled himself. She was turning out to be the best option for taking over the company once he retired. Despite having two other options as backup he had full belief that Melanie would be better suited.