Chapter 15

Later that evening Melanie was biting her tongue to not go over to Shay and tell him that she knew all about his feelings. She sighed as she tilted the can she was holding in her hand up to her lips taking a sip.

    "Do you have plans to throw up in the sink again?" A voice asked from behind her.

    Melanie rolled her eyes and turned around to face Emmet, her elbows supporting her on the counter, "Why? Want to pull my hair again, perv?"

    Emmet folded his arms with an annoyed look on his face, "You kept tugging your head away, so it was your fault!"

    Despite the fact that he was acting like he was annoyed with her, he couldn't help but stare at her in admiration because of what she was wearing. She had yet to return his leather jacket back to him and she was showing off that fact tonight. Instead of her usual hoodie ensemble she had put on the leather jacket. The look suited her in his opinion. Normally Emmet would never let anyone keep the jacket or wear it in general but he loved how it looked on her. Obviously with their size difference the jacket practically covered her entire body. He fought back the urge to complement her but luckily he didn't have to dwell on how cute he thought she looked when she opened her mouth again.

    "Guess so, but then again I like it rough!" She winked at him before getting up from the counter walking over to the couch where the other two were.

    "That's too much information!" Emmet yelled after her with a disturbed look on his face.

    "What did you tell him?" Shay asked as he looked over at the brunette who had sat next to him.

    Melanie took another drink, "That I like it rough in bed."

    "Stop it!" Emmet pleaded, overhearing what she had said again.

    "Why? Don't like hearing about me and James and our sexlife?" Melanie asked casually.

    "You're so annoying." Emmet pointed at her with a look of exasperation.

    "I hear enough of it already so can we stop this conversation?" Addilyn said, coming to Emmet's rescue.

    Melanie smirked before adding one last comment in, "Just when it was getting good, I was about to talk about the hand-"

    "That's enough." Shay tilted Melanie's hand up making her drink more of the hard lemonade.

    Melanie glared at him over the can and pushed him gently. Shay didnt even bother saying anything back to her as he nodded in Emmet's direction. Emmet gave him a grateful smile. He didnt want to hear about the person that he was slowly falling for talk about having sex with their boyfriend. It was painful enough that she had one.

    "Are we going to keep fighting or are we going to actually do what we planned?" Addilyn spoke up from where she sat on the floor surrounded by papers and other art supplies.

    The other three immediately shut up, making Addilyn smile. She grabbed the bowl and held it out to Emmet who grabbed one of the pieces of paper from it. Addilyn then went to Melanie, then Shay.

    "Okay, open the paper and read the name to yourself." Addilyn instructed, "Now, grab one of the beers and shotgun it!" She grinned as the other three stood up, each grabbing a can of beer.

    Shay looked over at Emmet with a nervous expression, "Whatever you do, aim it away from us!"

    "I know!" Emmet complained as he shook his head at him.

    Shay noticed Melanie's confused expression, "In college we were at a party and he was bragging how good he was at shotgunning beers. But when he did it I made the mistake of standing next to him and when he opened the can it exploded all over me."