Epilogue

Six months later

Melanie finally allowed herself to leave the giant party that had been going on. Unfortunately she wasn't allowed to be drunk upon orders of the future bride and how it was against the rules of being a maid of honor but that wasn't the only reason.

She sighed as she leaned up against the wall outside of the large dining room. The brunette ran her hands through her hair as she looked into the room where everyone was talking and laughing. Her eyes were immediately drawn to two men and a blonde woman.

Melanie twisted the rose ring she had on as she watched the three of them all laugh together. She felt a sinking pit in her stomach about what she was about to do. She noticed that the blonde was looking around for someone and she guessed it was her. The maid of honor shouldn't exactly be ditching her best friends engagement party but this was a fucking emergency.

Not wanting to watch them any longer Melanie turned on her heel and made her way to the bathroom her head still held high. She could feel something bang against her leg as she walked and she tried not to focus on it.

Melanie pushed the door to the bathroom open and locked the door behind her, or so she thought. She took the box out of her pocket and opened it, refusing to look down.

"Please, please let me be able to drink" She muttered as she stared up at the ceiling fumbling with the box.

She sighed as she forced herself to read the directions holding back a gag as she realized what was about to go down.

"Seriously please let me be able to drink" Melanie muttered again before throwing the directions away.

Once the regrettable steps were done she washed her hands and turned away from the mirror unable to look at her reflection depending on what the news would be.

She folded her arms as she stared at the ridiculous quote her mom had hung in their bathroom. Melanie made a face at it and stared at the blank cream wall next to it.

Her heart was pounding and she was pretty sure she would pass out. What she didn't hear was the door open and someone sitting up on the counter next to the face down test.

She winced as her phone timer went off. Melanie shut it off, unable to take the noise. When she turned back around she was met with her blonde friend sitting on the counter, her legs swinging.

Melanie screamed loudly as she saw her not knowing she was in there, "How did you get in?!"

"Does that really matter now Melly?" Addilyn asked as she jumped down on the counter, "You really think I wouldn't find out?"

Melanie shrugged a little as she twisted her ring nervously, "I don't know, I thought I was hiding it pretty well."

"You didn't drink tonight, that's not hiding it well" Addilyn shook her head, "And don't blame it on you being my maid of honor, you know you would still drink."

Melanie kicked her foot a little, "I guess"

"Mhm" Addilyn rolled her eyes playfully as she took her friend's hand in hers, "That and I know you haven't told him. And I want to be here for you. You are my best friend and no matter what happens I am going to be by your side. You got me forever and always Melly."

Melanie felt tears come to her eyes as she pulled her friend into a tight hug kissing the side of her head, "I love you Ads"

"I love you too, now let's find out if you're pregnant or not!" Addilyn held her hand as Melanie pulled away.

Melanie clutched her friend's hand and slowly reached out and grabbed the test, flipping it over. She felt all of her breath being sucked out of her as she let out a curse.

"Oh fuck me!"

"I don't think that will do you any good"

"Fuck!"