Chapter 4

Since it was during break it wasn't hard for Shay to spot the two women who were standing side by side checking out the cars and himself.

One of them was doing it shamelessly while the other was trying to hide the fact that she was flustered by the sight of him.

"Hi?" Shay called out to the pair from where he stood next to one of cars holding a wrench in one of his hands.

His eyes lingered on a bright red blonde who tried to look anywhere but at him

"Hey." The brunette responded with a flirtatious smirk as she looked over at him.

Addilyn held back a small scoff as she elbowed her friend, "Professional."

"Dear old dad asked me to check the store out and that's what I'm doing" Melanie whispered back.

"He's not the store," Addilyn retorted.

"Yeah, but he's more interesting than the store," The slightly taller girl responded. "Don't you...agree..." she trailed off as she looked into the main office.

Addilyn furrowed her brows as she followed her gaze into the office. She grinned a little at the sight of the boy in there. He looked twenty times better than James did and definitely more Melanie's type.

"Close your jaw." Addilyn mumbled to her with a small giggle.

"Oh shut it." Melanie whispered back with an eye roll.

Shay, who was still standing next to the car, looked between the office and the women finally decided to speak up again after being ignored.

"Are you from Thorson Industries?" Shay called out again.

Both Melanie and Addilyn wanted to slap themselves for forgetting that he was there.

"Are you the owner?" Melanie asked as she looked back over at him.

"Co-owner" He responded as he wiped his hands on a towel that was on a stand nearby the car, "And you didn't respond to my question."

"My name's Melanie Thorson." Melanie responded, "Does that answer your question?"

Shay laughed a little as he shook his head at the woman's expression that seemed to be challenging him. Just by the name he knew the person in front of him and he liked her already.  Shay knew the woman's past with NASCAR and kind of wanted to kick himself for not recognizing her. He decided to just blame it on fumes from the car. But the person that truly intrigued him was the woman standing next to her.

She was slightly smaller than her friend but that could be because Melanie was wearing shoes with a way taller heel than she was. The woman had blonde curly hair that surrounded her like a little halo although some called it a lion's mane. The freckles on her face made her look even more innocent than her big blue eyes. She was perfect in his eyes. Like the woman of his dreams.

This was also terrifying for him at the same time since the last woman he fell in love with turned out to be a monster. But the woman in front of him looked so innocent and so different from Jenna

"It does actually." Shay responded as he held his hand out to her, "Shay Ryans."

"Nice to meet you Shay, this is-" Melanie got cut off by her friend speaking up over her.

"Addilyn Abbot!" Addilyn blurted twenty times louder than the other two.

She wanted to bash her head up against one of the cars when she spoke. Addilyn wasn't even paying attention to the conversation. She was only focused on him. How tall he was (she was going with 6'1, 6'2) how the scars that litterted his face and arms stood out against the blank canvas of his dark skin. How his brown eyes were strong but at the same time the most generous looking eyes she had ever seen. He had a bigger stature with how large his biceps were. Addilyn strangely wanted to be hugged by him in the current moment.