Chapter 1

The kingdom of Phantasmea was known for its prosperous and the most rich country in the continent, they have everything from military power to agricultural needs, and to educational needs of the future generation. Its people are very welcoming and friendly ones.

But behind those noble title lies the very most notorious and hideous part of the kingdom, slavery, illegal transactions, and prostitution. Nobles, who are suppose to be the role model for this kingdom are the ones leading the black market themselves.

Nathaniel, who has experience mingling with this type of people knows this very well. Because he, himself has hosted every business that was held in every occasion.

"Young master, your bathe has been prepared"

"Okay"

He answered as he went inside the bathroom, "I can wash alone, you can go" he sternly told the maid who was about to protest but he closed the door before she could even talk.

He was confused, he still can't believe the fact that he went back in time, and how he had lived a life known as Shawn, a guy who has dedicated his life serving his country to a guy who has destroyed his country.

The memories of the time of their execution still lingers in the back of his mind, a memory that would haunt his dreams every night.

"Ghad, this is way too frustrating"

He mumbled as he massaged his forehead and continued to wash. After his done with his business, he walked out and had the maid helped him put on his clothes.

"The elder has requested for all the family to have a meal together, he has some announcement to make"

"Grandfather?"

Nathaniel asked and the maid nodded in response finishing tying the shoe lace. "I see" he responded as he looked himself in the mirror. He scanned himself from top to bottom, his hair was a wavy, dark bluish that shines brightly when reflected to the moon, not like the spiky red one he had 10 years in the future, and his emerald eyes he got from his mother. He never knew why he hated his hair, or he just never had the time to know why.

"Young master, it's time to head to the dining hall"

He dryly said yes and followed the maid with his tiny feet, he still can't get used to how small he is now, well, he maybe taller than any of his siblings despite being the middle, but he's still small for an 8 year old turning nine.

Arriving in the dining hall, he was greeted by a noisy bickering of the adults talking about the business his Uncle Bruce would take over and the tiny giggles and chatter of his siblings and cousins on the table.

"Brother Nate! Your here!"

Catherine, the youngest happily jumped to her brothers embrace which Nathaniel caught by surprise. "Cathy, you shouldn't do that, what if your brother isn't strong enough to catch you" Ellaina, Nathaniel's mother scolded as she picks her up from him and placed her down from her sit.

"I'm fine, mother"

His mother sighed and led him to his seat beside Cathy and the oldest, named Alexis. Sitting beside the family who he once had made him emotional. Nathaniel was conflicted, confused, and happy at the same time. He was overwhelmed with emotion and didn't know how to express it so he just sat there.

"The elder, Clayward Toby Von Stephenville has arrived"

All of the family stood up and greeted the elder, "No need for the greeting, let us have our meal" The elder signaled for the maids to bring in the meal.

Skipping all the chatters of the adults, the children were excused and were allowed to leave the dining hall, Nate went out the mansion and headed over the garden where he knows no one would dare go to.

''I need to sort things out, things may not happened yet but, the announcement grandfather said may end up being the start of everything, the announcement of who'll take over grandfather''

Currently, the second son of the elder has yet to return from his trip to the neighboring kingdom, ordered by his majesty the king.

"Father has not yet fallen deep inside the black market, but he is still a participant in the slavery auctions...

First things first, I need to let father not participate in the competition of succesion"

______----______----______