Chapter 4

Loud chatters and bickering of middle-aged men echoed through the vast ocean, loud music and trotting of footsteps making contact with the wooden port creaks at how heavy their footsteps is.

"Kuhahaha, imagine selling noble children to the Ahemians! How big the sum of it would be?!"

"You bet I'd even buy myself a mansion, kahahahaa!"

"If you did manage manage to come back alive! Hahahaha"

"Bet they'd even eat you together with 'em! Hahahahh"

As the three men converse happily at their thoughts, Nate, with his superhuman hearing, squinted his eyes repressing his anger and controlling himself from jumping out and massacering all the crew. Ahemians are a notorious demon race, who had practically lost all sense of reason who're turning into real demons, they're a kind of demon who'd feast on the flesh and blood of humans, especially the blood of nobles and royalty, or so they have been told.

But according to how Nathaniel had experienced, they are nothing like the rumors say they are, they are more calm and wise and friendly than what he had anticipated them to be. They had only bought slaves for the purpose of having them handle human matters, and much freer than any slaves bought by humans. Heck, he even fell in love with a demon woman who had always accompanied him whenever he visited the area, but sucks to say, she was already married to a much stronger and higher status than he is, and even more so, a human, he would've been fine if it was a demon but, no, it was not.

"You, the little brother, help them lower the boat"

Coming back to reality, he clicked his tongue at another demand from him, and yet find himself complying to every word he says. 'Damn, if I could just use my magic, things would've been much easier, stupid barrier' He was much more mad than what he looks outside. The barrier which casted on the whole ship prevented any outsiders to even use their magic to attack, probably the same person who had casted the illusion spell, but of course, Nathaniel could just cancel/destroy the whole barrier all in all, except, that would mean hurting the ones beside him, so that's a no-go.

The boat was successfully placed down the surface of the ocean, all they need to do is get down there without being discovered... and fast. The three children went down first since Nate could just pull them down and both him and the 'bossy' can go down just fine.

Slowly gaining consciousness, Alexis opened his eyes at the sight of his brother attempting to jump down from the ship. Nathaniel, noticing his brother's gaze, his face lit up then turning into something dreadful-

"Nate-!"

Before he could even finish his sentence, Nathaniel's hand moved quicker to his mouth preventing him from talking any further.

"Quiet down you idiot! We're trying to escape here!"

"Mmph! I can see that you moron-"

"Shush you two! You'll attract attention, and if your already awake, then get the hell out of my back-!"

"I get it so stop talking!"

Three of them are shouting in a whisper which made the children from below nervous thinking that they might've been discovered.

"What're you trying to do with those hands?" [Nate]

"I'm offering them so we could go down" [bossy dude]

"Do I look like I can't go down?" [Nate]

"Stop fighting" [Alexis]

"Hey! What the hell're you-! Hey!"

A skinny man headed towards their way but it still made the three young boys to stay alert, since they've heard footsteps coming from behind him, they trotted their way in the opposite direction the whole crew was heading in.

"Hey! What about those children?!" Nathaniel couldn't help but worry since he made the trouble to save them along, and the one who he's suppose to save was still in the ship.

"Don't worry, I gave them instructions-!"

Instructions that when they get discovered and hear that the whole ship in panic, row your way out the ship and quickly head right ashore, to which the children quickly did so, leaving the three boys behind.

"Woah!"

Alexis exclaimed as an arrow flew right pass his direction, causing his right shoulder to slightly bleed from scratch. Since they have been trapped in the corner, with no way out, the crew started to get less antsy.

"Well, well, well, I didn't know we had some rats with us aboard, tell me how you got in"

A woman in her thirties appeared in front of them with her staff on her hand, assuming she's a mage and the master of the ship, seeing as to how the bulky old men gave way when she entered the scene, and most probably the one who casted the illusion and the barrier keeping them from using any offensive magic attacks.

"So what of it? I'm only here for my brother"

Nate talked backed unwavering at the woman's strong presence. If it weren't for his pendant, casted with defensive magic against strong magic impacts, he would've been cowering and trembling  in fear just like his brother behind him (though it wasn't visible to the woman) but surprisingly, the guy who was with them, can actually take in the impact of her magic.

"Hmmm~ You boys are interesting~ Not one in my crew can take this much, let me offer you a deal instead"

She playfully said, seemingly entertained at the three boys in front of her. "And what about it? You want us in?" Alexis asked switching places with his brother (which means Nathaniel is now at the back), still not showing how his hands are trembling.

"Well, since you're a smart boy, what's your answer gonna be?"

Silence filled the air, and Nathaniel at the back can't helped but smirk knowing that it's ready, now, all he needed to do was a distraction for the old hag to look away just for a second.

"What will you do if we all declined your offer?"

Number three(a name for someone they don't know the name yet, instead of bossy dude) answered to which the woman didn't find it amusing, but before she could utter another sentence, a surprise attack from behind her shifted her whole attention to it earning an opportunity for Nathaniel.

" N O W ! "

He screamed as both his brother and number three quickly run the opposite end of the port, as Nate chanted...

" D I S P E L ! "

Sparks like lighting embodied the whole ship as the whole crew got paralyzed from the shock waves, especially the woman which is the caster took most of the damage. Without much thought, number three quickly trotted his way to Nate who also took damage from canceling the spell and carried him in his arms, and Alexis who's nearest to the unconscious boy and who took the courage to distract the woman went for him. Quickly, without second thoughts, both jumped out the ship in the water.

But to their surprise, what met them was not the cold water of the ocean, but the cool breeze of air which allowed them on air.

"What the- ahhh!!"

Not letting him finish the sentence, a violent gush of wind push them towards the shore but still managed to get themselves wet so much that it's still the same jumping in the water.

"YOU SCUMBAGS! YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS! I KNOW YOUR FACESSSS!!!"

The scream of the woman echoed until it reached the ears of the people she wanted it to hear the most.

To which they just burst out of laughter...

_______------_______