Chapter 10

Nate, Alexis, and their father Jonathan are currently traveling to the main palace to meet with the crown prince, and also for Jonathan to report for his majesty, the king. This type of occasion has never happened in Nate's previous life, and since there are tons of memories he can't remember, he was convinced that this may have happened, or at least that's what he's trying to say to himself.

"Are you really that bored Nate?"

His father asked noticing how he sighs every minute and how he's almost spent the entire trip with his own thoughts.

"Yeah, I heard there was this festival being held at the capital so I guess that makes it a win"

He chuckles at how his middle child still acts like a kid even though lately, he noticed that his usual loud and annoying demands had vanished. It's surprising to say that in those two months he was gone, both his sons have changed and somehow matured, though they are still troublesome to handle.

The trip was spent with peaceful silence, where in the father was busy with his paperwork, Alexis dozing off because of his early training and Nate, in his own world.

Now arriving at the capital, Nate was the first person to get out of the carriage, since his butt stings at the long ride. Though his disappointment arises when his father spoke.

"This is not our destination Nate, you can sneak out after we meet the crown prince, since that's both of your specialty"

He just let out a sigh and just climb on the carriage, honestly speaking, Nate never wanted to see or interact with the crown prince ever again. He still remembered the time where he was tortured by him to gather informations, and his hateful gaze as he watch him and his entire family get executed, till this day, it still haunts him even in his dreams.

Realizing that the carriage stopped again, he assumed that they were already there, so he woke up the sleeping Alec, who's really not happy about it.

"What an honor to see his highness personally fetching us, pardon us for coming a little late"

"It's fine Mister Jonathan, it's just a minute late, anyways, i see you have brought your two children"

"Ah yes, my eldest, Alexis, and the second, Nathaniel"

"A pleasure to meet his royal highness, future sun of the kingdom..."

"I am Alexis Reid von Stephenville"

"And I am Nathaniel Klein von Stephenville"

Both curtsied at the same time, both mastered the etiquette of properly introducing yourself to royalty, the prince was too amused that he forgot to give them permission to stand.

"Ah my apologies, you may rise, and a pleasure to meet you too. Anyways, let's not keep his majesty waiting"

William Carlos Guillaume Phantasmea, the crown prince, known for being a two-faced, calculating and a sly bastard. A description that would never go away whenever Nate hears about his name. Thankfully, Nate didn't quiver at the sight of him, his mental fortitude was far more stronger than he thought. Though he would appreciate it more if their interactions would lessen, but that seems to be just a dream for now.

"Announcing Jonathan von Stephenville's arrival"

"We're not going in?"

"I guess not"

"So were gonna accompany the crown prince?"

Both Nate and Alexis were whispering with each other, but it seems that the crown prince have heard their conversation since he joined in as well.

"To answer your question, I was the one who requested your father to bring you two along, so I have the privilege to do whatever I want"

Seeing as to how his smile turned into something sinister, Nate knew that pretending to be a goody-two shoes in front of this beast would only mean danger.

"Heh, pretty good instinct you got"

"Coming from someone like you"

Nate changed in character revealing his true nature not bothering to at least hide the villain within him since the crown prince has the special ability that allows him to scan through someones memories and can tell whether the person is lying.

'Basically, he's a walking lying detector'

Nate just thought about it and thankfully, that person doesn't have any abilities that reads mind.

Alexis on the other hand was just confused what was happening around his surroundings, a 10 year old crown prince and a 9 year old little brother was battling a staring contest. Being a simple, honest fool that he is, he didn't even bother reading the atmosphere, and just proceeded to ask a question.

"Uhm, may I ask where the training grounds are?"

Snapping out from the intense staring, the crown prince lead them both to Alexis's desired destination. Arriving at the grounds he was left their along with the knights in training while Nate and the crown prince watched at the sidelines.

"So? What kind of thing do you want to discuss with me?"

"Have a cup of tea, we still have long day to talk"

"Don't care, just get to the point"

Nate didn't even bother hiding his scowl, as he sat with his arms crossed and leg on top of the other. Amused at how aware Nate is about his abilities, he slightly giggled, never had he, the crown prince, was ever treated this kind of way, so it was a new refreshing feeling.

"Anyways, Nathaniel Klein, here's my job for you, as a future king of this kingdom ...

I want you to overseer that your father, would take the marquis position."

_____---______---_______

A/n:

Hi, since school is nearly approaching, I won't be updating much, and not to mention the fact that I'm now a senior highschool-er, yay for me. I'm also pretty nervous since I'm a new kid in the area, i don't know how to make friends being a whole ass introverted kid that i am.

Hope I survive this year.