Chapter 15

Previously after the breakfast, Nate invited the crown prince for tea in his private garden. It was suppose to be just both of them but since Asher was persistent in not letting them both be alone, he was allowed to tag along only if he behaves.

If he ever will.

On the way, Alexis was spotted obviously hiding away from the presence of the crown prince but failed in the end, and that was how he got stuck in a situation where in he couldn't possibly get out of.

"As I previously discussed two weeks back, I need the permission of your father to be able to accomplish my goal, and for that, I need you to convince him yourself"

William calmly explained while smelling the sweet fragrance of the tea.

"And as I said before, engagement between the crown prince and Cathy will NOT be happening"

Nate spat back clearly unyielding to the crown prince's words.

"Nathaniel, I know how much you cherish this family but, considering your long family history, wealth and power, I believe she's the perfect crown princess candidate ..."

William paused to see Nate's reaction which completely made him more amused of how much teasing he can take before exploding.

"... unless, you [Nathaniel Klein von Stephenville] could be up for the position"

Ticked at what the crown prince said, Asher's tea cup including the crown prince's exploded with the liquid splashed on their newly tailored clothes.

The people around them knelt at the sudden pull of the gravity, but only four of them including the trained servants could take in the pressure.

"Hey, that's not a nice joke to say, William"

"I'm not joking though?"

This time violent gush of wind formed surrounding the four people sitting, but none of them are unaffected. The crown prince seemed unaffected outside but his mana was fluctuated to the point its affecting his inner organs. But he refused to surrender since it would damage his reputation.

"Asher, enough"

With Nate's command, the surrounding became normal once again like it never happened. Heaving out a sigh, he placed down his unaffected cup as he looked straight in the crown prince's eyes, determined to end this argument.

"Even if I were to wed you, bearing an offspring would be impossible, and for a queen to fail, it would be a stain for my name and my family"

"Clearly you haven't forgotten the royal family is capable of planting their seeds to whoever they sleep with ...

be it man, or woman"

'Ah'

Was what he thought, keeping the surprise to himself, he couldn't find any words to retaliate as he slowly avoid the crown prince's beaming smile, aware that he won.

It was not that he forgot, he just couldn't find the exact resolve to believe it, and also considering how he had knowledge of the modern world, his brain refused to accept the idea of a man bearing a child.

"Anyways, any of the Stephenville family shall not be wed to the royal family through any political purposes, end of discussion"

Seeing as to how much headache this guy gave him, Nate chose to end the argument and just left.

'What have I got myself into? I didn't have any purpose of being here so why the hell did they drag me into this?"

Alexis who has became a solid audience excused himself out by telling them he had a sudden bowel emergency. He quickly trotted his way out desperate to not mingle with those two lunatics ever again.