Chapter 3

Third Person's POV

The night's breeze give out a solemn air, yet for Nathaniel who's been running around the place to reach the harbor hasn't been far too helpful, since it confuses his sense of smell to find which ship his brother was contained.

There are far too many ships docked on the wharf and he can't enter every ship just to check on whether his brother is there or not. The noise coming from every direction isn't even helping him concentrate.

"Mmmphhhh!"

Hearing a muffled sound not from afar made him quickly turn to its direction, fortunately enough, he manage to catch on and hid himself near a box of cargo nearest to the entrance of the ship.

"Stop struggling or I'll seriously knock you out"

Nate, short for the name Nathaniel, heard a hoarse rough voice threatening his brother who had him being carried like a ball of sack. Once he had notice that no one was aware/guarding the entrance, he swiftly made it inside the ship and down the hull without being discovered, so much so for being the abductors of some nobles, they sure are underestimating the security of the Stephenville family.

"Hey! What the hell are you lazing around for?! Didn't I tell you that were already leaving?!"

"Aye sir!"

Nate heard rough footsteps and the sound of planks being carried, probably sealing the entrance. Doesn't matter, as long as he can have his brother back, he can worry how they'll escape later. He roamed his eyes around the bilge full of boxes and barrels where they mostly store their food and beverages... and slaves.

Thinking back, he had been the one personally evaluating the worth of every slaves, and the one who has also participated in auctioning them without further remorse as long as he receive the praise and approval from his father. He was a sucker for his father.

Shaking those thoughts off, he knew exactly how these abductors think, it may seem that there is nothing more to be seen here, but there's a part of the ship where they keep all there merchandise.

"Here"

He mumbled to himself as he had his hands on top of a certain magic circle. He had to be careful though, once he had touch it, it'll alarm the person who had placed the circle there, except him and the ones who receive permission can open the secret area. He can't just cancel the magic since it would certainly alarm the owner.

"But a high-tiered mage like myself would be no problem"

With that said, a spark formed from his palm and violently smashed the magic circle like breaking a piece of egg, considering how it looks like a powerful attack that would alert the whole crew, it somehow never made any sound, just a gush of wind that puffed out from the tip of where he's crouching.

With the magic circle gone, the wall and a few dummy cargos that seemed to be the end of the hull slowly disperse as it revealed an iron bar. Behind those were a few children in ragged clothes cowering in the corner and two boys at the very front basically looking like nobles.

"Brother!"

Nate shouted in a whisper, panic arising from his system. Seeing how his brother passed out made his mana agitated, the young man (which most likely looked like a noble judging by his clothes), who is at the care of his brother, calmed him down with a warm breeze that passed right through both his cheeks and brushing through his wavy dark blue locks.

"Calm down, you'll only alert the people from above, I don't know how you made through the spell but I advise that you get the keys and let us out of here before anyone can notice."

Nate was about to say something but he chose to close his mouth and nodded in response, he quickly got up from his crouching position and headed straight to where the keys were dangling from.

"How carefree are these guys just leaving the key where anyone can steal them. Well, I mean they have that spell, but you can't  be too sure about it!"

He was scolding and cursing the abductors in his mind, he can't help but do so since it already became a habit of his considering the fact that he used to be in this line of work. But he also thanked them at their carelessness, that way, he had the highest chance of helping him save his brother.

After he had the keys on his hands, he quickly trotted his way to the lock and unlocked it. A clicked sound rang from his ears and quickly but slowly opened the door cell.

"Nice job kiddo, I'll carry your brother so help the other children out"

The young man demanded once again, which made Nathaniel slightly mad, never once had he taken an order besides his father (and other high-ranking superiors from his first life). Though he set those aside and complied either way. But only three children were willing to follow along, (most likely middle class children) but the ones who wore more ragged clothes refused to move from their spot.

"What're you doing? Don't you wanna escape from here?" Nate asked with his brows joined from slight irritation and confusion.

"Even if we did escape, there would be no place for people like us to go and we'd only end up in the same situation again"

A kid who's a bit older than the rest answered dryly, devoid of emotion, one who had completely lost all hope in life. Nate's extended arm pulled back, and turned their back on them as they tried to plan out on how to escape the ship, before they could further walk away, Nate spoke.

"I offered you a hand to take, and you rejected them, don't blame me for whatever fate relies on you ahead, the cell door is open, whether you change your mind and escape, isn't up to me anymore."

Without turning his back on them, he quickly joined in with the rest.

________________